Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64708.34

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    PokerOwned Demi-God
    yeah... it's cause re entry is a cop out to begin with... think about it

Experienced Member
    have to deal with phil ivey being able to buy in 9 or 10 times. any thoughts? an hour is long enough(too long) online but 3 hours even live would be ridiculous let alone online WOW thank you

Experienced Member
    More money to the prize pool. Though I don't like the idea of 3-hour late registration. Pretty ridiculous .good luck

PokerOwned Pro
    I didn't think they calculated the value of the re-buys until the re-buy period was over. It's been awhile, but that's how I remember it.

As to re-buys and re-entries in general, I agree that solid players would prefer as many large-stacked idiots as possible. Let them rebuy, the same few names are getting the money anyway.

Bankroll mgmt is a key aspect of proper rebuy play, and those who are tightly protecting their 'roll cringe when they see someone pump 10-15 rebuys in right in the beginning or right at the end of the rebuy. BUT...there is surely strategy involved when some of these players do this. It could be argued that Phil Ivey gets more value out of his starting chips than an amateur, so much so that he could afford to restart with those chips several times. When your an odds-on favorite of making a final table, having a playable stack when everyone else is screwed down can be worth paying extra for.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234