Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64056.2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    WSOP are not really that close but I think it start on June but not sure but still I won't be able to play
    PokerStars: ProBlackbird | Betsson: ProBlackbird | Party Poker: UnknownFlush

PokerOwned Moderator CoddBrunson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ProBlackbird View Post
    WSOP are not really that close but I think it start on June but not sure but still I won't be able to play
    You're really not following this thread at all. It's obviously a WSOP circuit event.

OP, good luck man. What's the buy in, and what's the tournament? Definitely update us on how you end up doing.

Knight
    Quote Originally Posted by CoddBrunson View Post
    OP, good luck man. What's the buy in, and what's the tournament? Definitely update us on how you end up doing.
    buy in is only 120 bucks, the event is event #13

Cool, yeah, I was checking it out on wsop.com. Well, GL man.

Knight
    Cool, yeah, I was checking it out on wsop.com. Well, GL man.
    Thanks, I am new to poker and if you have any tips / advice I am all ears I would like to think I am pretty decent for only playing for a month or 2.

At this tournament, you should definitely do more listening than talking. Don't tell people you are new to poker. Don't tell them it's your first tournament. Fold a lot. You should be folding a lot more hands than you are playing. You should try and stick to premium hands. In between hands you are in, study your opponents. Watch their bets, pay close attention to the showdowns, what people are betting with, what they are calling with. You should be a sponge sucking up as much information as you can, and giving away as little as possible.

Once again, stick to premium hands. If you're not sure what hands are really premium look at a guide ahead of time. Like this:

Texas hold 'em starting hands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you get a good starting hand, you should raise. Don't try an slow roll pre flop, it's not worth it. You shouldn't try to slow roll pots unless you flop the stone cold nuts. Tournament play, you want to win a lot of smaller pots, not a few big crazy all in hands, cause you won't last long. Remember tournaments are a marathon not a 50 yard dash. Pace yourself. But always pay attention to the blinds and the levels as they will be increasing.

There is a big difference between online poker, and poker in real life. The gist of the game is the same, but people play a lot different online. Especially in lower stakes. People are really loose. The average person willing to put down $120 for a tournament, is gonna have a lot of poker experience. Don't underestimate your opponents. But don't overestimate them, just make sure your getting your chips into pots with really good hands.

Most of all, have fun, cause it's your 21st birthday, but remember it did cost you 120 bucks, so play serious. When you look back on your 21st birthday, do you want to remember getting takin out on the first table, or making the final table?

... and most of all Good Luck man.

Definitely tell us how you ended up doin, and what all happened.

Knight
    At this tournament, you should definitely do more listening than talking. Don't tell people you are new to poker. Don't tell them it's your first tournament. Fold a lot. You should be folding a lot more hands than you are playing. You should try and stick to premium hands. In between hands you are in, study your opponents. Watch their bets, pay close attention to the showdowns, what people are betting with, what they are calling with. You should be a sponge sucking up as much information as you can, and giving away as little as possible.

Once again, stick to premium hands. If you're not sure what hands are really premium look at a guide ahead of time. Like this:

Texas hold 'em starting hands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you get a good starting hand, you should raise. Don't try an slow roll pre flop, it's not worth it. You shouldn't try to slow roll pots unless you flop the stone cold nuts. Tournament play, you want to win a lot of smaller pots, not a few big crazy all in hands, cause you won't last long. Remember tournaments are a marathon not a 50 yard dash. Pace yourself. But always pay attention to the blinds and the levels as they will be increasing.

There is a big difference between online poker, and poker in real life. The gist of the game is the same, but people play a lot different online. Especially in lower stakes. People are really loose. The average person willing to put down $120 for a tournament, is gonna have a lot of poker experience. Don't underestimate your opponents. But don't overestimate them, just make sure your getting your chips into pots with really good hands.

Most of all, have fun, cause it's your 21st birthday, but remember it did cost you 120 bucks, so play serious. When you look back on your 21st birthday, do you want to remember getting takin out on the first table, or making the final table?
    Thanks That was really helpful.

I started playing a small home game at my house with a couple people and I am really good at reading people and figuring out what they have. IDK how well I will be able to do that against people who know the game really well but I think I will do ok. I do not think I will be one of the first people out, well at least I hope not.

edit: I will def keep you guys updated on how I am doing. I will have my phone with me so if I am doing good I will throw a quick post on here ^_^

good luck to you , must sharing some poker chips in the first 2 day

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast