Quote Originally Posted by Sharking View Post
Glad someone brought this up. In my opinion the reason I got paid was because I bet the flop. The board was wet with gutterballs and flushdraws and if hes a thinking opponent he will put me on a draw or air. I took a risk like I always do with big hands to build the pot. He CANT put me on a six let alone quads, what SICKO bets quads on the flop. No one has the balls to do it. I stacked him for 7500 at 30/60 because I made a big dick play and lead out the flop. Most people check, check flop, and lead turn. That is so predictable. Me, I took a risk and fired flop and CHECKED the turn. I want him to think I have a draw. When he bets turn I CHECK RAISE!!! Making it look like a bluff/semi bluff with a draw some more. HE CALLS WITH ACE HIGH!!! He believes my story. On the river I hesitate check. Tempting him to value bet the ace or to make a bet with air hoping I missed. He Jams 5.5k+ and I snap call. I took a risk on every single street. I didnt play it the safe way, "check and pray". I made BIG DICK PLAY, told the story and got paid.
That was an interesting read into your mindset. I was thinking pretty much the same as you. I would have raised the flop exactly the same as you did as I would have wanted it to look like I hit nothing but was trying to buy the pot for almost nothing. If he paired the board then no doubt he would try to push you off since like you said, there's no way he thought you wen't in with 66.

I love reading how you guys think about things. It teaches me a lot just being on the site and watching you guys so thanks for explaining everything.

sharking for mod?