Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $62550.92

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Elite PokerOwned Member GottImHimmel's Avatar

Post Poker and Longevity, do they mix?

Prologue: (ME BLABBERING, SUBSTANCE LOWER IN THREAD )

-----Well I've had a pretty much sleepless night, so I decided to read up on my poker literature, did two $5 redemption(s) from my stockpile of PokerOwned Points , so I decided, why not write yet another open forum thread? After all it's one of my favorite activities.

Preface: I was watching the WSOP and I was fascinated by something that most people probably didn't even pick up on. Obviously the WSOP is a very long, strained tournament that does tire the mind after a while. I noticed that one of the pros (Huck Seed ) actually periodically stepped away from the table to stretch and do some yoga.

My Opinion : Poker tournaments, or long cash game sessions, do take a toll on your mind, your mind simply cannot handle constant strain for hours on end, obviously the amount of time an individual can handle of constant play with an acute mind varies on the player, however, I will say this, even if you are in your PJ's playing in front of a computer screen: take a moment to step away, ( if you have the stack to do so, or it's break time ) and relax your mind, in my opinion, it's greatly helped me to go make some tea or do some push-ups to keep my mind in focus. I am not a multi-million dollar poker winner so I cannot brag a whole lot, however, I am moderatley successful as an amateur who doesn't ever deposit unless I need to withdraw my winnings, and my $30 won on just the pokerowned freerolls this month will atest to that.

Question 1 : Do you believe that a successful poker player needs to relax his/her mind to stay acute and aware?

Question 2 : If you answered " Yes " , Tell the pokerowned community what YOUR personal method of mental relaxation and rejuvination is. I'm interested!

Thanks for all the Support, ( Your Friend )

GottImHimmel

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Good advice. I have been doing stretching and some light exercise while playing poker for about a year now. A two birds with one stone kind of thing, but I don't step away from the keyboard enough probably.

Elite PokerOwned Member GottImHimmel's Avatar
    We all make that mistake, that's what the house and poker sharks are counting on! haha I wish it wasn't the truth, but it is

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Of course that exercises to relax are necessary. I think some yoga 3x per week is a good choice.

PokerOwned God
    Quote Originally Posted by GottImHimmel View Post
    ... Question 1 : Do you believe that a successful poker player needs to relax his/her mind to stay acute and aware? ...
    At the tables ... no. Away from the tables ... yes

Elite PokerOwned Member jcolee2's Avatar
    my back has been fked up for a few years and im 24....i just deal with the pain...it sucks. yoga is good tho for mind and body

Elite PokerOwned Member
    bike 30 miles a day, u be good... (o=

PokerOwned Moderator
    I believe you do have to take a break, and people make a good point of exercising. Mind and body is one in the same. I know the hardcore Starcraft players in Korea, who get treated like rockstars apparently, take good care of their bodies. As for me, I'm lazy. I don't take care of myself. I don't multi table a lot so a few games of play, and the day is already over for me. Poker is screwing me over until I develop a better lifestyle >.<

PokerOwned Master
    im a young person, i workout daily but at the poker table i dont do too much unusual stuff to relax my mind

Corporal
    They mix for me. I just sit home all day anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast