Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63402.18

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: pot limit omaha

Current B2B Champ!

pot limit omaha

5-10 pot limit cash game:
    i have 800 in front of me and villain an experienced old vet has 2000.
    i have AK109 with AK hearts.
    action is raised pot to 30 and there is one other caller taking a flop with me and villain.
    with about 100 in the pot the flop comes JQ3 rainbow with no hearts.
    villain bets pot and only i call bringing the pot up to 300.
    turn card comes a 5 placing two spades on board and villain again pots it for 300.
    WITH 770 LEFT DO U CALL 300 MORE TO STILL TRY AND CHASE A WRAP AROUND STR8 DRAW EVEN THO THERE IS NOW FLUSH DRAW IN SPADES OUT THERE, POTENTIALLY TAKING SOME OF YOUR STR8 OUTS AWAY ?

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Omaha is one of the most difficult games that are in the COMBINATIONS poker for the many out there.

Pot limit Omaha is a high variance drawing game.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Ohama is not my game so if there is a flaw in my logic, please point it out.

You have 16 outs. You are 33% to catch the straight and win the pot, although maybe just a share of it. The pot is just right making it a coin toss.

A flush draw is on the board meaning some of your outs may be gone. Do you assume he has two spades and take away 5 outs or figure he has a 1 in 4 chance of being on a spade draw effectively taking away one out. Either way you are no longer getting pot odds.

What about implied odds? If you hit the straight will you get paid off? Probably not if he is an experienced vet. You left out seat position. If you are first to act and bet he will probably fold. If you check he will probably check. If you are second to act and bet he may call if he thinks you are bluffing.

What could your opponent have? He raised preflop. I put him on highs cards with straight and/or flush possibilities. Since he may be drawing to one of the same straights I am that greatly reduces my return.

I fold.

PS Don't you have just 670 left?

PokerOwned God
    I love omaha, you get more hands that are playable and thus way more action and not as boring.

Current B2B Champ!
    Quote Originally Posted by mawoyto View Post
    Ohama is not my game so if there is a flaw in my logic, please point it out.

You have 16 outs. You are 33% to catch the straight and win the pot, although maybe just a share of it. The pot is just right making it a coin toss.

A flush draw is on the board meaning some of your outs may be gone. Do you assume he has two spades and take away 5 outs or figure he has a 1 in 4 chance of being on a spade draw effectively taking away one out. Either way you are no longer getting pot odds.

What about implied odds? If you hit the straight will you get paid off? Probably not if he is an experienced vet. You left out seat position. If you are first to act and bet he will probably fold. If you check he will probably check. If you are second to act and bet he may call if he thinks you are bluffing.

What could your opponent have? He raised preflop. I put him on highs cards with straight and/or flush possibilities. Since he may be drawing to one of the same straights I am that greatly reduces my return.

I fold.

PS Don't you have just 670 left?
    ya i have 670, thats a typo. position doesnt matter much in this scenario presented bc regardless your calling half your stack to try and hit the draw and if it doesnt come i believe hes calling regardless whether im first to bet or not. only real argument here is that if a spade comes do you try and shove hoping he wasnt on a spade draw. your right in that some of my outs may taken with the spade. seems like implied odds arent there because i cant really just be check calling with anything but a draw here (if i had a set i think he knows i would have check/shoved the turn). i think its a fold also, i think in this scenario trying to get it in on the flop is the best choice but when u dont u prolly have to fold the turn since as you pointed out hitting the draw might only get me half the pot, which erases a great majority of my equity not to mention outs to actually hit it.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    You have to fold even if theres no spade flush draw. You just don't have a enough chips to where ud get a big payout if you hit on the river. You have to have over 1k to chase it-with no spade flush draw. I don't play that much plo, so this is just my opinion.

Seasoned Veteran
    pot limit omaha sucks))))))))))))

I love pot limit omaha

PokerOwned Master
    you fold there. you have no hand and you are only drawing to broadway with 2 tens (since you are already holding a 10 in your hand) plus the 10 of spades could be tainted. plus 4 8s again with the possibility that the 8 of spades is tainted - leaving you with 4 outs or only abt 10% chance you will hit a clean straight.

btw - my understanding of a wrap in omaha is that 3 different numeric cards will complete a straight for you but i only see 2 in you example 10 and 8.
    Last edited by joefine; 05-05-2012 at 02:46 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast