Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64301.09

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: pot limit omaha

PokerOwned Master
    Omaha is one of the most difficult games

Current B2B Champ!
    Quote Originally Posted by joefine View Post
    easy there guy... again you are right. obv. i'm not a omaha guru but no need to yell. even with 11 outs that still only gives you 27% equity. So you're not getting pot-odds to call and your implied odds are not great given if a A, K or 10 does come is the guy willing to pay you off with an obvious st8 on board? The best case scenario is a 9 or 8 and you could well stack the guy. But, I guess I would ask myself - What happens when the river bricks or a spade completing one of your st8 comes in - what are you going to do having invested so much in the pot already?
    haha i didnt mean to yell just trying to get my pt across to you. and btw your question at the end was essentially the basis for this whole thread. btw just so u know in my most of my threads i like to get players thinking critically and explaining decisions, its not so much that i actually card what their answer is or want correct feedback on someones opinion.

Current B2B Champ!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmeelneg View Post
    Its about an equity neutral play by either calling or folding its really close.

True that 11 nut out once you're getting priced out ... those 5 other outs you cannot calculate as zero outs because that potential flush is coming BACKDOOR. You can cut those 5 outs in half giving you 2.5 more. He jammed before there was a flush draw, he jammed when there was a flush draw. You cannot assume he has a flush draw by his actions.

So with 13.5 outs (11 + 2.5) you are right in the middle of the equity zone. Fold if you are tight ... call if you are loose (its not all that loose).
    thank you ! i think your the only person in this thread who really got the question and analyzed the data. i dont so much consider myself tight but i didnt really feel like jamming $670 with one card to come with a wrap.

PokerOwned God
    Quote Originally Posted by donny111 View Post
    thank you ! i think your the only person in this thread who really got the question and analyzed the data. i dont so much consider myself tight but i didnt really feel like jamming $670 with one card to come with a wrap.
    yw

If you play O8, I'd be happy to throw my 2 cents worth at some hand analysis ...

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Pot limit Omaha is a high variance drawing game

PokerOwned Veteren
    i like pot limit omaha

PokerOwned Veteran
    I love omaha but u need a big bankroll to be successful

PokerOwned Master
    love omaha but dont think you need a br to play omaha you need a good hand selection process

Seasoned Veteren
    olaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ay alguien hayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by donny111 View Post
    5-10 pot limit cash game:
    i have 800 in front of me and villain an experienced old vet has 2000.
    i have AK109 with AK hearts.
    action is raised pot to 30 and there is one other caller taking a flop with me and villain.
    with about 100 in the pot the flop comes JQ3 rainbow with no hearts.
    villain bets pot and only i call bringing the pot up to 300.
    turn card comes a 5 placing two spades on board and villain again pots it for 300.
    WITH 770 LEFT DO U CALL 300 MORE TO STILL TRY AND CHASE A WRAP AROUND STR8 DRAW EVEN THO THERE IS NOW FLUSH DRAW IN SPADES OUT THERE, POTENTIALLY TAKING SOME OF YOUR STR8 OUTS AWAY ?

Let it go....fold....it was an easy pot back on the flop...now with one less card and no flush card...easy fold

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123