Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: pot limit omaha

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonad120 View Post
    I love pot limit omaha
    Yes I love it tooooo

Current B2B Champ!
    Quote Originally Posted by joefine View Post
    you fold there. you have no hand and you are only drawing to broadway with 2 tens (since you are already holding a 10 in your hand) plus the 10 of spades could be tainted. plus 4 8s again with the possibility that the 8 of spades is tainted - leaving you with 4 outs or only abt 10% chance you will hit a clean straight.

btw - my understanding of a wrap in omaha is that 3 different numeric cards will complete a straight for you but i only see 2 in you example 10 and 8.
    ya a wrap around str8 is 3 or more cards to make a str8. and i have more ways to hit broadway or the nut str8 for that matter. i have AK109 with QJ53 board. i can hit an ACE (THEN K10 WILL PLAY) KING(THEN A10 WILL PLAY) 10 (THEN AK WILL PLAY) 9(THEN K10 WILL PLAY) 8(THEN 910 WILL PLAY) . these are all the nut str8 draws i have with the hand, the problem and moreover the question is whether to call to try and hit given the fact that the opponent could have spades thus reducing a great number of my str8 outs.

PokerOwned Master
    Quote Originally Posted by donny111 View Post
    ya a wrap around str8 is 3 or more cards to make a str8. and i have more ways to hit broadway or the nut str8 for that matter. i have AK109 with QJ53 board. i can hit an ACE (THEN K10 WILL PLAY) KING(THEN A10 WILL PLAY) 10 (THEN AK WILL PLAY) 9(THEN K10 WILL PLAY) 8(THEN 910 WILL PLAY) . these are all the nut str8 draws i have with the hand, the problem and moreover the question is whether to call to try and hit given the fact that the opponent could have spades thus reducing a great number of my str8 outs.
    you are of course correct sir - my mistake! that's why i suck at omaha. so that adds 3 aces to you out minus the ace of space so total clean out is up to 6 - still only about 15% equity in the pot. clear fold.
    Last edited by joefine; 05-05-2012 at 05:28 PM.

PokerOwned Veteren
    im not the best at omaha but it looks to me like that call after flop was a bad play if you were going with the hand you should have applied pressure right then and made him have the tough decision!

Current B2B Champ!
    Quote Originally Posted by joefine View Post
    you are of course correct sir - my mistake! that's why i suck at omaha. so that adds 3 aces to you out minus the ace of space so total clean out is up to 6 - still only about 15% equity in the pot. clear fold.
    i do agree ithink the fold is the correct play but your still only counting "BROADWAY" for my outs. i dont need to hit broadway to win, all the str8 draws i previously mentioned are the NUT STR8S. i dont know why you are fixated on only counting broadway as a winning hand? my outs: AK1098 DIAMONDS+AK8 CLUBS+1098 HEARTS=11 OUTS

Current B2B Champ!
    Quote Originally Posted by derickp55 View Post
    im not the best at omaha but it looks to me like that call after flop was a bad play if you were going with the hand you should have applied pressure right then and made him have the tough decision!
    i agree for the most part, but u try shoving in $400+ real dollars with a draw lol! Remember this is a cash game not a tourney!

PokerOwned Pro
    I have just enough luck with pot limit omaha to be dangerous.

PokerOwned Pro
    But not enough luck to overcome skill.

PokerOwned Master
    Quote Originally Posted by donny111 View Post
    i do agree ithink the fold is the correct play but your still only counting "BROADWAY" for my outs. i dont need to hit broadway to win, all the str8 draws i previously mentioned are the NUT STR8S. i dont know why you are fixated on only counting broadway as a winning hand? my outs: AK1098 DIAMONDS+AK8 CLUBS+1098 HEARTS=11 OUTS
    easy there guy... again you are right. obv. i'm not a omaha guru but no need to yell. even with 11 outs that still only gives you 27% equity. So you're not getting pot-odds to call and your implied odds are not great given if a A, K or 10 does come is the guy willing to pay you off with an obvious st8 on board? The best case scenario is a 9 or 8 and you could well stack the guy. But, I guess I would ask myself - What happens when the river bricks or a spade completing one of your st8 comes in - what are you going to do having invested so much in the pot already?
    Last edited by joefine; 05-05-2012 at 07:34 PM.

PokerOwned God
    Its about an equity neutral play by either calling or folding its really close.

True that 11 nut out once you're getting priced out ... those 5 other outs you cannot calculate as zero outs because that potential flush is coming BACKDOOR. You can cut those 5 outs in half giving you 2.5 more. He jammed before there was a flush draw, he jammed when there was a flush draw. You cannot assume he has a flush draw by his actions.

So with 13.5 outs (11 + 2.5) you are right in the middle of the equity zone. Fold if you are tight ... call if you are loose (its not all that loose).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast