Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70763.18

Interesting spot..... not for novice weigh-ins.

I played in a $33 mtt with AllinBigUnit4. It was a early on in the day, so I was pretty sure he wouldn't be multi-tabling too much. I opened Ad4d spades in early position with over 75bb's. and he flatted in the sb. I decided he could have a wide range of hands considering he probably was cognoscente of the fact that I wasn't a winning player. I also realized he could have a very good hand as well. The flop was 3-q-7 rainbow.... 1 spade. I cbet and he flatted. I figured that he was a good enough player to float me with hands that may or may not beat me.... and he might turn them into bluffs depending on impending action. So I decide to shut it down OTT unless I turn some more equity. I peeled an off-suit J and decided that it seemed like a good card to fire one more bullet @ about 1/3 psb. He woke up and check/raised me and I decided to call with the intention of perhaps making a play Ip. The pot was approximately 40bb's and we both had over 50bb's left behind. I figured even if he did fire the river I could make a river 3bet jam and look incredibly strong. I know his c/raise on the turn was pretty polarized, but I was IP. Also he is a very competent player IMO, and I figured he could lay down a very big hand if he bet a polarized range on the river and I shoved giving him a great price to make the call. I mean if he makes a 20bb river bet into a 40bbpot and I ship 55bb's it looks like a line that could never be a bluff coming from me. I mean he gets 3.5: 1 on a call. I actually caught a perfect river card to bluff. The river was a 10. I figured that thi was the gin river card. I know that sometimes he c/raises the turn with AK, but it seems like an obligatory spot to represent if he bets. He id bet about 40% of the pot..... about 16bb's into 40. I kinda knew he had a 2pair+ hand at that point. I decided to stick with the plan and shove. He tank folded after about 30 seconds of time banking it. Immediately afterword he stated that was a both a sweet river 4 me; but also a pretty slick river fold by him. He claimed to have folded a flopped set of Q's. I want your take on this hand. Vs a random player given the action, do you think folding trip Q's on the river is a credible lay-down? I honestly think any 2pair+ hand that isn't Ak for the rivered straight is almost the same hand. I can credibly see QQ being a call only in the sense that a random villain could shove a turned set of Jacks on the river for value. I honestly thought he would fold qj and a flopped set of 3's or 7's...... plus obviously all his air. Do you think given the action, that I am being over optimistic that a very solid reg would fold a flopped set of 3's or 7's? Do you think it's credible he had a set of Q's? Given the dynamics and the way the hand played out I think it isn't, but I would like your opinion. Give me some feedback about the posted hand though. I think a reg could call QQQ and JJJ but laydown QJ and 333 or 777. How would you play the river vs someone like me there? I suppose you check and begrudgingly call? If you do bet for value and get jammed on in a spot where you are getting 3.5:1...... what hands do you find a fold with? Do you fold 333 and 777 but call QQQ and JJJ? Let me know man. I think it is a very interesting hand.

I copied and pasted this from a message sent earlier to a very solid reg on P5's. So the end of the post is kinda referencing him. I was just too lazy to retype and rework the post for here.

Banned
    Pretty interesting hand. I like your line of cbetting and then shutting down on the turn if you don't pick up more equity. I am interested as to why the J seemed like a good card to represent? Hands that you would check back the J on turn would be KJ AJ 10J. Hands you would fire another bullet would be QJ KQ AQ any sets or two pair. And I guess AK as a semi bluff. I think you have a very good perception of his range by the time he check raises turn. It screams a flopped set to me, or QJ on turn. With QQ being the least likely set obv cause he just flats pre. But 777 333 and QJ will be in his range a ton. I think his value range is really narrow, but there is some air left in his range. You make a good point that his perception of you is probably as a random, losing nobody. I think he is going to expect you to have AK here a good amount and not give up on it. But I also think he could put you on jamming value hands as low as AQ and 2 pairs. So I really dont think he is capable of folding QQQ on river. Seems like a gross spot to have to fold a set of 3's or 7's i know i personally would fuck it call with a sigh. Folding QJ or air seems like the most likely thing.

In general I dont like your line after the turn here because there are such few scare cards you can represent on the river. And you have literally no equity. Bluffing with some equity is always better than bluffing with no equity. Calling to bluff is a great move but I think its best to this with a wet board when a lot of scare cards can peel the river, and you are quite confident opponent isnt drawing. A board as dry as this it seems like there will be such few scare cards. I really think the 10 was the only card he could possibly fold a big hand on.

I honestly thought that by being such a dry board he would be more inclined to fold. It would seem odd for him to be triple barreled by a random, and after he bets the river and gets 3.5:1 on a call.... can it ever be a bluff in his eyes. The reason I floated the c/raise on the turn was because I though he was FOS. His c/raising the turn is so polarized. If he has QJ and the board river pairs I get QJ to likely fold. I also think a 10 is obviously a good bluff card. I alos think he sometimes finds folds with pretty strong hands without a good river bluff card coming..... and we aren't even considering the fact that he sometimes is FOS. I think if we expect him to sometimes fold big hands that this can be +ev. Even if it doesn't work, you gain some serious credibility as being capable of making sick moves....and you get paid as a result with real hands.

Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    I don't see why he's fold that hand. If it was Omaha I could figure.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry

PokerOwned Pro
    well played but i am confused also by why he would lay it down ...

PokerOwned Veteran
    I dont know what this post is about but im wasted and the bears suck so fuk it

PokerOwned Master
    strange thinking after rereise you call pot is to big end you think to bluf?