Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70456.89

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

The poker downsides

What do you think of the dark side of poker?

Elite PokerOwned Member lulabell79's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jutta9413 View Post
    What do you think of the dark side of poker?
    The reality of the poker life is that not everyone wins. Many will take their shot and lose. Some will walk away from the game. Some will go back to becoming recreational players. Others will continue down a dark path where many do not come back. If you cannot make it as a poker player, there is no shame in that. Poker is a tough life. If you find that you cannot walk away from the game for one reason or another, then it is time to get help, preferably from a professional organization such as Gamblers Anonymous or similar. Poker is ultimately just a game. It is not worth losing your life or all that you have worked to achieve. If you are going down this dark path take the steps to emerge from the path.
    There are TWO rules for ultimate success in poker:
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    not being very good & finishing all your money & begging 4 money just to lose it again

PokerOwned Master
    long hours,long drives depending on where you live,swings in money, dealing with shady people, etc theirs a lot to think about that some people dont realize ......

You know I don't understand myself,,, I'll be clean and sober 24 years this coming Jan. So I have no doubt I have an addicted personality.

I guess I'm addicted to poker, cause I play all day long almost everyday, But the upside is I know my limits. I stay at Micro and freerolls, I have no illusions that I could be a pro or play higher stakes.

But I do understand that it can destroy a person and their family. If you find you have a problem with gambling seek help. I know 12 step programs saved my life. Probably more than you wanted to know but you know how us old folks like to ramble on.
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

PokerOwned God
    Downsides? There are no downsides. Gotta go for broke.

I don't want to go to the dark sides so I prefer playing legal Poker
    PokerStars: ProBlackbird | Betsson: ProBlackbird | Party Poker: UnknownFlush

I've flirted with what I'd call the dark side of poker for me. But now I just play for the entertainment.

PokerOwned Master
    I think it is when you lose all control and discipline of managing your money and people let poker and gambling ruin their lives. It begins to control and enslave them.

PokerOwned God
    It's really bad. If poker becomes so much of your life where you don't do anything else, it's time to get help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast