Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63572.89

PokerOwned Veteran

What happens to you when you go from bronze to silver in OPR on Merge

Why are you guys so incredibly good on the Merge network in $1-$5 buy-ins, constantly maintaining ROIs of up to and sometimes over 100% long-term, yet you do so poorly when you up the stakes to the next level $5-$20? There must be someone winning at these modest silver-level stakes, who are they? If you don't know what I'm talking about with the bronze and silver, stuff (higher yet is gold, platinum, and diamond), look yourself up on officialpokerrankings.com and explain to me why you suck at just a wee bit higher stakes, yet you tromp all over people in micro-stakes.

Give me like another year and maybe I'll have an opinion then. I just barely got the bankroll to put in some volume at the Bronze level.
    I'm gonna give that bitch a freeroll, bitches love freerolls.

Pretty sure there's a bunch of winning medium-stakes PO players, but obviously once you get past microstakes the competition gets much tougher. The only newbs playing medium and high stakes are either totally new to the game or have some money to blow away. At microstakes, many people can't take a tourney seriously when the prize is worse than minimum wage.

Quote Originally Posted by zingbust View Post
    Why are you guys so incredibly good on the Merge network in $1-$5 buy-ins, constantly maintaining ROIs of up to and sometimes over 100% long-term, yet you do so poorly when you up the stakes to the next level $5-$20? There must be someone winning at these modest silver-level stakes, who are they? If you don't know what I'm talking about with the bronze and silver, stuff (higher yet is gold, platinum, and diamond), look yourself up on officialpokerrankings.com and explain to me why you suck at just a wee bit higher stakes, yet you tromp all over people in micro-stakes.
    Im guessing they are used to getting lucky in the donkfest by playing very marginal hands and it doesnt work when they go up against stronger opponents. Donks used to be the bread and butter of poker but these sites have figured out they are the ones who will pay the most rake in the long run so ya have to feed the ones feeding you LOL
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

Elite PokerOwned Member JohnnyDeepStacks's Avatar
    I would look at myself but I am afraid I will fall in love with myself all over again.

JDS boobytrap spelled backwards is partyboob
    PooffyFooffy omg I need to play there more, were u in da game?
    JDS @PooffyFooffy no Pooffy its just a fun fact

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by buonafide View Post
    Pretty sure there's a bunch of winning medium-stakes PO players, but obviously once you get past microstakes the competition gets much tougher. The only newbs playing medium and high stakes are either totally new to the game or have some money to blow away. At microstakes, many people can't take a tourney seriously when the prize is worse than minimum wage.
    Logically, I would think that you are right about a bunch of winning medium-stakes players at PO and elsewhere, but I can't find them any more. Even the number 1 player on the bronze list out of 8,810 (last 120 days), who maintains an ROI of 133% on bronze is a loser/break even on silver...which makes no sense at all because in years past he was one of the great online players at all stakes including a win at a $500 buy-in Bovada tourney for $75K and numerous other big wins. This same player makes about $4K a month 10-tabling $1.10 and $2.20 buy-ins, which to me seems pretty good, but if there's no hope for advancement, it's kind of discouraging. Is it possible that on Merge, players have become so good that once you get past $5 buy-ins there are really no winners at all, just great and super-great players at the top who still can't make money at that level? And if this is true on Merge, can the other sites be very far behind?

Can anyone give me the Merge screen name of someone who has an ROI of at least 40% over at least 200 tourneys at the silver level or higher? I'm wondering if poker is even beatable any more. From my limited experience on Bovada, my opinion is that as of now, it's probably beatable, but eventually the discouraged Merge players will join up there and kill the opportunities that might exist there today.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDeepStacks View Post
    I would look at myself but I am afraid I will fall in love with myself all over again.
    What's your screen name on Merge? I'll look you up and see if you're worthy of falling in love with yourself all over again. I need a new hero!! The one I was following in the past quit playing there.