Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70841.68

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PokerOwned Veteran
    Farha on Omaha isn't a bad book if you want to learn how to play Omaha better than the average bear

a great way to get better is playing alot of hands. play online and in person

PokerOwned Master
    Thanks for the posts guys! I have obtained a lot of the above books as ebooks, and will be going through them. I'll continually refer back to this thread to see what book to move to next.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJasonpoker View Post
    a great way to get better is playing alot of hands. play online and in person
    I was actually thinking about this the other day. I don't dispute the need to play online and to play lots of hands.
    Where I think the problems is confusing short term success with the optimal play. I can go into a tournament right now and make the wrong plays and yet still have short term success.

I think that unless someone is willing to do hand analysis with programs and really look at their game they run the risk of confusing short term results with optimal play. If every flop is hitting you and your opponents keep betting into you, then you might think the weak passive style is the greatest style ever. This is an extreme example but I have played some tournaments where it feels I could do no wrong. Not that I played great. I just got Aces when some other player got Kings. I just hit the flop with the nuts and the other player ended up with the second best hand. I didn't do anything creative to get all their chips. It was the situation.

Just saying that playing is great but if you don't really analyze it, then you might allow short term results to perpetuate bad habits.

Experienced Member
    Super system is old school but still an amazing book, Super system 2 (revised edition) is solid as well. My favorite book though was by Rolf Slotboom "Secrets of Professional Poker 1" Amazing view of poker from an original point of view. It's literally the anti-thesis of the Super System. It takes all the tools and tips that Super System shows and the meta game of the poker world and explains how to play against it. It widened my game up and allowed me to make some great changes that were very profitable.

Fish

where do you buy all these books? amazon have them?

This is getting old. Were sick and tired of the Spurs owning us. This is the year we ride up to the challenge, Get the monkey off our back! We Believe GO Dubbssss!!

Experienced Member
    I bought several of mine from "Half price books" or other discount book stores. I'm sure you can find them online in ebook version if you are one of those download types that finds free music and free movies, i'm sure the books are out there as well.

Fish

Banned
    all this book reading going on here and yet i see the worst plays ever for this site.

PokerOwned Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckU408 View Post
    where do you buy all these books? amazon have them?
    I have a LOT of books in pdf format on my computer. I can send you as many or whatever ones you want. PM me. Right now, I have a deal up on marketplace, but that's for books and training videos. I can send you books relatively cheaply, just for points.

Experienced Member
    Building a Bankroll FR Edition, and Easy Game 1 & 2 are my favorites.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast