Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64684.76

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: poker

Experienced Member

poker

Is it more valuable to play poker or cash games?

PokerOwned Pro
    Oh boy, that's sure a tough one. Hmmm...poker or cash games? Well, I like to play Pac-Man, which costs 25 cents each time, but I can almost never win money. On the other hand, I like to play poker, which can cost more or less than Pac-Man, but sometimes I will win money.

I'm gonna go with poker over cash games. Now, if you really want to make money, try your hand at poker cash games.

PokerOwned Veteran
    I think you mean tournaments or cash games. It depends on what you are best at.

Tournaments offer a bigger playoff for the buy-in but you have to play for hours avoiding bad beats and rising blinds and finish in the top 5% before you make money. Its worth it if you can do it.

Cash games are more flexible. You can come and go as you please. You can leave if the game is hard and you can stay if it is easy. In a cash game you can win your money and leave any time you want. You don't have to keep playing with it and the blinds don't increase. You just can't sit down at a cash game with $2,000 wipe out all the players and win $100,000 like you can in a tournament.

I have moved more to cash games cause I got tired of looking at my stack in a tournament and thinking boy I wish I could cash out now, then have that stack shrink when the cards go cold and the blinds go up. I find in a cash game when some donk doubles me up I can take a break put those winning in my pocket and come back later (or stay if the donk gets more money).

PokerOwned God
    If you're on a budget, I'd say tournaments. You only risk your buy in and have a potential to make some nice money. However, I'd avoid rebuy tournaments. As far as cash games are concerned, it is always to easy to get caught up in the action and steam and rebuy a lot.

PokerOwned Pro
    this sport is so interesting that this giving that talk worldwide, utilize to learn and enjoy at the gaming tables. poker is the best.

PokerOwned Pro
    My friends and I discuss this a lot. Our final answer goes something like this. If your really good- Cash game. If your good to average- Tournaments. If your bad- Doesn't matter.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    I would rather play poker because it takes a lot of strategy

PokerOwned Master
    play what you enjoy most get the most entertainment from for me its poker all the way

Experienced Member
    It depends what the rake is

PokerOwned Veteran
    cash for dough tournaments for show

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast