Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70664.38

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Experienced Member
    The same answer in any situation - it depends.

In a tournament, JJ vs a likely calling range of KQ, AK AQ - only has 60% equity - barely better than a coin flip.

Your equity vs a range of QQ - AA is only 10% - and with those premium hands included - your total equity VS his calling range is only about 32%! So unless it's a multiway pot where your being given 2-1 pot odds for your shove - it's a losing play in the longrun to shove your jacks. When your called your most often dominated or a marginal favorite!

I rarely 3bet my jacks- preferring to call. They are a good hand, and having to fold them preflop to a 4bet is a disaster - yet alone a light 4bet with 9s-10s.

Risking my tournament standing even as a 60 - 40 favorite is stupid IMO - there are way better spots to get your money in.

PokerOwned God
    I just saw a guy shove 83 off suit in a tournament like this in the SB trying to steal the big blind around the bubble. I don't see why everyone here sees that as a good fold, jacks are an instant call there. Like someone else said, AJ, A10, and small pairs are all a possibility and there's no way you're behind.

#NiggasInParis

Good time to shove.

Yeah Im thinking that I should have called ...my gut put him on a week ace I see this so much where people will shove sb trying to steal bb with a weak ace.I definatly feel I made a bad fold and I probably would have won that tournament...I just like to learn from my mistakes and I think if he did have a monster hand aa,qq,kk,ak,aq he most likely wouldnt have pushed all in because you want a call in that situation hu.More like a massage bet is what he most likely would have done...thanks for the feedback.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    that happens sometimes throw these types of cards and more if it is in final table

Elite PokerOwned Member RWPFhero's Avatar
    I believe that JJ maybe the toughest hand to play. I think it was a good fold on your part. He also had a premium hand.

Current B2B Champ!
    i think u gotta call with jacks there, if your just trying to move up the money ladder then its a fold otherwise its a pretty standard call i thnk, especially given the fact the blinds were 400 800. Moreover, you say that its likely a race situation, which it could be, but imo you could also be way ahead. Given you have no information about this player, i think its safe to say that an avg player in that spot could jam 77-1010, A8-AJ, or even less than these hands.

Elite PokerOwned Member marlais's Avatar
    I think you better shove here. I think that most of the time you will be way ahead.

Experienced Member
    I hate JJ seems i always get beat even when ahead goin in

According to position and chip stack would make my decision what to do with pocket jacks. last night i was in a tourney had 900 chips with blinds at 200 and 400 and i shoved all with pocket jacks. Rivered the trip jacks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast