Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70091.69

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pocket Jacks

PokerOwned Master

Pocket Jacks

I hate trying to play pocket Jacks they can be tough on how to raise or what to do when raised against

Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    i JUST FOLD THEM
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry

honestly jj tt 33 66 kk aa its all the same shit....
    "Success is a science; if you have the conditions, you will get the results" -Oscar Wilde

MY CAPS LOCK IS BROKEN!

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Quote Originally Posted by rdog1797 View Post
    I hate trying to play pocket Jacks they can be tough on how to raise or what to do when raised against
    I agree JJ can be hard to play but if the reads you have on your opponents are decent enough, and you have a decent understanding of how to play winning poker, JJ should be a profitable hand in the long run. Versus a random hand, JJ has ~%77 equity.

Over my relatively small data set of hands I have been dealt JJ 53 times, voluntarily put money into the pot ~%94 of the time, and am winning ~%75 of those times.

Not sure if the other replies are serious or not (I really hope not) but both are pretty wrong...

Elite PokerOwned Member P0K3R4F00D's Avatar
    sorta have a love hate thing going on with JJ. Sometimes they treat me well but most times they do not

Quote Originally Posted by J_Slice View Post
    I agree JJ can be hard to play but if the reads you have on your opponents are decent enough, and you have a decent understanding of how to play winning poker, JJ should be a profitable hand in the long run. Versus a random hand, JJ has ~%77 equity.

Over my relatively small data set of hands I have been dealt JJ 53 times, voluntarily put money into the pot ~%94 of the time, and am winning ~%75 of those times.

Not sure if the other replies are serious or not (I really hope not) but both are pretty wrong...
    thats exactly what i said~
    "Success is a science; if you have the conditions, you will get the results" -Oscar Wilde

MY CAPS LOCK IS BROKEN!

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Quote Originally Posted by dk12 View Post
    thats exactly what i said~
    Not sure how that is exactly what you said?

Quote Originally Posted by dk12 View Post
    honestly jj tt 33 66 kk aa its all the same shit....
    TT equity versus random hand is ~%75
    33: ~%53
    66: ~%63
    KK: ~%82
    AA: ~%85

Not trying to sound condescending but implying that JJ is equal to every other pocket pair is wrong.

How do you mean that JJ, TT, 33, 66, etc. are all the same shit?

PokerOwned Master
    JJ is very tricky to play especially when there is just one over card on the board. That's why I try to play in position and if I get re-raised, I just let them go. KQ is also another difficult hand that requires good hand reads on your opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by tturne01 View Post
    JJ is very tricky to play especially when there is just one over card on the board. That's why I try to play in position and if I get re-raised, I just let them go. KQ is also another difficult hand that requires good hand reads on your opponents.
    +1 to the bolded part above.

Also agree with KQ being a tough hand to play.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    better than playing 72 that 4 sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast