Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64599.09

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    PokerOwned Demi-God
    Its an all in, you only have 1300 or so behind. He's either calling and you're dead or calling with a weaker hand. He might just have J9 but I just don't think you can value bet thats not an all in. It doesn't make a lot of sense. You're not gonna value bet and fold to a shove, so there is no point in between those two options.

Quote Originally Posted by wwwrungood View Post
    Its an all in, you only have 1300 or so behind. He's either calling and you're dead or calling with a weaker hand. He might just have J9 but I just don't think you can value bet thats not an all in. It doesn't make a lot of sense. You're not gonna value bet and fold to a shove, so there is no point in between those two options.
    exactly that's what i was trying to say lol.

But you know..if you are not gonna try to win with top pairs then with what?

I don't think that's the point. Top pairs lose alot but he obviously felt he had the winning hand so shoving on the river was the best way to go at that point.

PokerOwned Veteren
    you have to make a bet 50% of the pot if you re up is porq staircase has 8 or 8 to Q

Seasoned Veteran
    definatly go all in in play with loose players, but if i saw good trap from this player u are playing i would think more

My concern with shoving is losing value from weaker hands. More often than not a shove here is only going to get a call from hands that have you crushed. The pot at this point is 1300 and you have 1300 (65bb), which in my mind, does not make you or your opponent pot committed yet. I would make a value bet of around 40% of the pot (40bb remaining) and if the opponent shoves I would call. *If this was a turbo tournament I would not bother with the value bet and just shove.

Current B2B Champ!
    appreciate all the responses! heres what happpend:
    i shoved the river and he showed up with J9 (run good was right)
    i never really had him/her on a str8 because i figuered i would have been raised either on the flop or on the turn. having not been raised i surmised that he/she must have either 2 pair or like an AJ. needless to say i was out early!

Experienced Member
    id say your good about 2 in 5 times there

PokerOwned Master
    Quote Originally Posted by flytomaca View Post
    Except that if he is pot committed he should better give all in :P
    how is he pot committed here? if he checks and gets shoved on the pot odds are around 3 to 1. With the blinds at 10/20 he has around 60 bb left - more than enough to play and find better spots. Given the action - the villain calling 2/3 pot bets on the flop and turn - do you really think he's more than 3 to 1 favorite in this spot? I would have say no....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast