Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63215.01

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Experienced Member

Playing Tight Early?

Is it really worth it? esp. in freerolls, seems like way better to accumulate... any thoughts?

Experienced Member
    i've been doing so, and ijust feel like i'm wasting time... any thts appreciaqted

Elite PokerOwned Member JLynn171's Avatar
    its a marathon not a sprint race

My opinion - you should get away from thinking about whether it's a freeroll or not - try to play well regardless of the buy-in. And, yes, that means waiting for your spots. It doesn't mean that you never play non-premium hands or never bluff - it means you try to get a sense of the table and pick your spots for any given strategy.
    I'm not slurring my words. I'm talking in cursive. I believe the ladies find it to be quite elegant.

PokerOwned Veteran
    I agree with most of the opinions above. It is a marathon not a race. Even though you r playing tighter you should still be thinking accumulate over survival. +ev moves are +ev moves. You cannot pass on them just because it is early in the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by motherjones123 View Post
    Is it really worth it? esp. in freerolls, seems like way better to accumulate... any thoughts?
    You cant accumulate if your not in it can ya? shoving bs just cause its a freeroll(im assuming the poker sites freeroll) doesnt make any sense IMO.. if its a PO freeroll then its not really a freeroll since you have to take time and either earn points(whts your time worth) or buy the points. either way its not free!!
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

PokerOwned God
    play tight in the beginning because so many dumb donks get rewarded with shit cards

Try playing tight and broadening your range as time progresses in a tourney. A lot of players will accumulate and play aggressive early in a re-buy tourney esp in unlimited re-buys. You have to know your opponent and exploit a player that is predictable.

LJM3000
    I have been playing tight, and have almost exclusively 11-15th place finishes. I think you need to know the players at your table and make a hero call once in awhile. Need to play strong hands strong and use your position @ table wisely. It feels like I'm 1 or 2 calls away from being ITM, but also 1-2 calls away from going out in 30th. Gotta gamble sometimes and hope to hit.

play tight is a good a strategy but not special at freerolls

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast