Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70884.01

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

playing and raising every hand

the pokerowned freeroll yesterday had a player who played and raised preflop EVERY hand....this must be the best strategy ive seen so far , because it seemed to work.
    i know he cashed but didnt stick around to see if he won.

but seriously isnt this strategy what you do in bingo?

tough to build a decent stack and then have your pocket kings and your entire chip stack donked by this player

sometimes it seems the poker software rewards this kind of play

PokerOwned Veteran
    It doesn't necessarily matter about how many pots you play, in a tournament a GIANT factor is pot control. I play a ridiculous amount of hands and always go deep. Probably 75% of the hands in the first hour. You just have to master pot control and avoiding flips when possible.

PokerOwned Pro
    I take it you've never heard of smallball poker? I'm guessing, if he was successful, he knew how to fold a big hand if needed, unlike some players, who simply can never walk away from one pair if it's higher than the board.

How'd your KK play out?

I was lucky enough that the poker gods decided to grace me with a player like this that sat down directly to my right a couple weeks ago when I was playing 3/6 live. Once he sat down I refused to leave the game until him and his friend left, sorry hubby. Anyways, he was telling me about some of the big WSOP satellite events he's played in. It sounded like he's even won at least once, but his play was redonkulus. It just tells me aggression will get people farther than passive play. Hopefully most of the time they just give away their chips, but judging by this guy's story and the stats of some of the po players I've labeled donks, being an aggressive donk gets you deep in the occasional tourney. I seriously doubt it's a winning strategy in the long run, but maybe they're on to something.

PokerOwned Master
    Quote Originally Posted by leexg23 View Post
    It doesn't necessarily matter about how many pots you play, in a tournament a GIANT factor is pot control. I play a ridiculous amount of hands and always go deep. Probably 75% of the hands in the first hour. You just have to master pot control and avoiding flips when possible.
    It is absolutely ESSENTIAL that you put yourself in scenarios where you flip for your tourney life because u needa take a risk to build a huge stack.

PokerOwned Veteran
    There a lot of morons that play this way. They usually get knocked out though after awhile.

i feel that i play better in cash games using the super hyper aggro strategy lol. idk though it could just be a bunch of luck.

I see this fairly often. I think sometimes it's just boredom on their part, but also they are playing on the general nit quality of most players. It works until they come up against someone who recognizes that style and sets a trap for them

PokerOwned Pro
    I usually run into them having the big hand when I have dome at my table playing like that. So either they're a genius or I have terrible timing/luck.

PokerOwned Veteran
    i dont believe in playing every hand. rather coming in once or twice with big raise..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast