Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70781.62

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Playing back at bubble abusers

Only reply if you actually know what you're talking about please...

If someone is getting out of line near the bubble and I don't have enough chips to actually pose a threat to them, what should I do as a counter?

I mean waiting for a hand and doubling up would clearly take too long with enormous blinds.

PokerOwned Veteran
    well this depends, where was he in blind, how was he playing? how many bb did you have left, what place you in

He's a massive chip leader, everyone else is below average with like 11-18 bbs. I have 16 bbs. He has 60ish bbs. And he's directly to my left (groan..). lol

And no one else seems to want to play back at him.

The one time I raised his bb, he 3-bet me all in.

if it was me id play for his blinds, as u have the best chance of catching him with shit, can backfire but best time to play a cunt raising every hand
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

PokerOwned Veteran
    well if ur on bubble id just play safe since ur not small stack tbh if ur near bubble

Quote Originally Posted by azreal1 View Post
    if it was me id play for his blinds, as u have the best chance of catching him with shit, can backfire but best time to play a cunt raising every hand
    Thanks, I doubled through, now I can actually put pressure on him.

Seasoned Veteran
    Basically nothing you can do but wait or try to get 1 on 1 with him where K high will prob best preflop and hope it is and hope it holds.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonv12 View Post
    Only reply if you actually know what you're talking about please...

If someone is getting out of line near the bubble and I don't have enough chips to actually pose a threat to them, what should I do as a counter?

I mean waiting for a hand and doubling up would clearly take too long with enormous blinds.
    Hmmm.... how to comment without giving random fish any information. You should be cognisant of villains weighted hand range based on their position. If you perceive an edge, then why wouldn't you look to get it in. Are we trying to just min-cash? Thats not a winning strategy. Obviously playing like this increases the variance; but it should increase your roi as well. Here is an example of pushing a perceived edge. Say 2 fairly loose/passive players limp MP and you are OTB with A7 and 13bb's near the bubble. Shove or fold? Shoving is a higher variance play, but if you think you are reasonably ahead of their limping range then it is a super obv jam. Worst case scenario they limp call a slightly bigger Ace and you have 30% equity and more added value with pot odds. Additionally you have more implied value if you win the hand because you can leverage the big stack. Now sometimes the SB or BB will wake up with a monster, but thats poker. You have to play the odds. You might get A7 in bad 13bss deep and get laughed at. Disregard the derision, these players obviously don't get it. Terms you should study up on. Fold-equity/Nash shoving Nash folding ranges/ICM. I think a better conceptual grasp on those concepts will help reinforce what I was inartfully trying to articulate. In PO Fr's with bad structures, I think a better understanding of Nash ranges will help you a lot when the fields narrow to under 25 players. Good luck, I think that this content will be suitable for you. I think I remember you posting you are a student and have taken calculus. These concepts shouldn't be too deep for you.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    with stacks like that you're not stealing any of his blinds...just gotta thug it out and let him steal and try to ship it when you think you're ahead of his range...pretty much anything A5s+, any pair, good suited connectors etc....if no one else is playing back at him no point in making yourself bubble boy just to be hero

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast