Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $69960.28

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Current B2B Champ!

Playing AK 3 handed

Hand i played in the last poker owned freeroll: How would u play it?
    3 handed blinds 1-2k: villain has 30k i have 60k,
    button folds small blind min raises to 4k and i have AK. i decide to ship it for his 30k stack to avoid being outflopped by a worse hand and am willing to race if he does have a pair. what would you do?
    ps: answer honestly and then check what he had below!

(he/she had aces)

3 handed AK especially when you are the large stack is a good oppurtunity to Knock someone out. I would shove preflop and hope for one caller so I could knock one of them out.

PokerOwned Pro
    You might want to move what they had down a little bit more , I saw it before I could read the hand. I would of done the same thing though.

PokerOwned Master
    What was your assessment of the person of the person in SB? Having played the whole tournament with them I assume you had a read on whether they were a nit or maniac. Were they raising every blind when folded to them trying to steal or folding a lot?

Not having any information on the other player and both of you guys playing relatively shallow - looks the sb was the effective stack at 15 BB - I think you made the right play. AK is well ahead of any random hand that the sb has and shoving on him put pressure on him. But keep in mind that AK is only racing against any pp and only a marginal favorite against even 72 (~70% to 30%).

Also you did not mention the 3rd players stack size? Was there a chance he would bust soon? If that's the case then you would have to look at the ICM to see whether it was the right play or not but I doubt it if he was super-short i.e. under 10 bigs.
    Last edited by joefine; 05-01-2012 at 07:55 PM.

PokerOwned Pro
    I would shove under those conditions. As stated earlier, you are ahead of most hands. The biggest threats would obviously be AA and KK, but there are outs for those as well.

Banned
    Pokerowned freeroll.

Shove ak
    profit

Seasoned Veteran
    i think best hand he can have is a mid pair.I would race with a pair too but i think the chances he will fold is really high.So i would just raise to 10k and c-bet on the flop according to his move he will probably fold at that point imho

Seasoned Veteren
    I think that would play everything, is my way of thinking

PokerOwned Pro
    I would honestly say... that you should've raised first. When, and if he shoves, you then would've known where your position was. If he just calls, you'll know that you didn't connect on the flop, and you can just fold. However, if he shoved, you know FOR SURE its either a race or he has AA or KK. It depends on whether you're willing to flip a coin at that point. I would've .

probably reraise small so he can call with A-x hands but shove is standard too

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast