Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $66316.63

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Phil Galfond hand review

I just like the way he thinks. I thought I'd share this video.

I think he's a very solid player. I watched him on poker after dark and it seemed like his high stakes game was developing while he was making his appearances. I also think during that time he was working with tom dwan alot to improve his game. He isn't a big risk taker and he calculates every move he makes.

He is a very interesting player to listen to, not to mention a pretty epic name.

PokerOwned Veteran
    nice vid, my guess is david was semibluffing with a Q

Elite PokerOwned Member
    nice video love phil galfond is beasty whoop

Thank you so much for posting that video clip. Phil is an incredible poker player and his understanding of the game is so above and beyond most and that video is a prime example of what i mean when i say that.

raise you hands bitch and ill slap yo fool!! yoooo hoood!

Quote Originally Posted by crispzilla View Post
    nice vid, my guess is david was semibluffing with a Q
    That's a reasonable guess. Story would check out. Could be a lot of things tho I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by rghy2 View Post
    I think he's a very solid player. I watched him on poker after dark and it seemed like his high stakes game was developing while he was making his appearances. I also think during that time he was working with tom dwan alot to improve his game. He isn't a big risk taker and he calculates every move he makes.
    I think it's the other way around. Tom Dwan was learning from him. Phil is a very calculated, player, who makes a passive style work. He is phenomenal at getting value without necessarily being the aggressor and conversely, getting away from hands without having to make too many raises/bets for information. He also is very good at thinking outside the box. These are the exact areas Tom Dwan could use work in.

When I got a 1 week free trial on Blue Fire Poker, I watched all his philosophy videos. They were some of the most amazing poker videos I have ever seen and they were completely unlike anything else I have ever seen when it comes to poker videos.
    Last edited by jasonv12; 07-12-2013 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonv12 View Post
    I think it's the other way around. Tom Dwan was learning from him. Phil is a very calculated, player, who makes a passive style work. He is phenomenal at getting value without necessarily being the aggressor and conversely, getting away from hands without having to make too many raises/bets for value. He also is very good at thinking outside the box. These are the exact areas Tom Dwan could use work in.

When I got a 1 week free trial on Blue Fire Poker, I watched all his philosophy videos. They were some of the most amazing poker videos I have ever seen and they were completely unlike anything else I have ever seen when it comes to poker videos.
    They complement each other well. You're right that Tom Dwan has also learned alot from Phil. He definitely needed to learn to tighten things up and analyze hands more. At the same time Phil needed to loosen up his play, especially at the high stakes levels where play isn't as straight forward as the lower stakes. I think they've both significantly improved their games by helping each other.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast