Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70664.38

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    LLB King

People who can't fold A rag

So I was in the 1k gtd deep stack tourney, there are 30 players left and I have 21k. Blinds are 600/1200 it's folded to utg +5 he has 30k. He raises 3200, it's folded to me on the button with 55, I call and the blinds fold. Flop comes K3K rainbow, he does a weak c bet of 2400. I shove for protection and after 5 seconds he calls me with A8, turn is an A, river 4. How does one justify calling with at best a 30% hand?

PokerOwned Veteran
    sick calll....sux...run into that shit a lot

He was betting that you would not have shoved with a K, so he had 2 overs to your pair of 3's. At least that's how it was "explained" to me when the same type of thing happened a couple of weeks ago. Even so, just having overs to whatever your opp has still puts one behind and does not justify a dumbass call like that.

it is a terrible call on his part, but your bet seems really fishy as well
    My Movember mustache will rock your world!

I would prefer a raise to about 8k. the bet makes your hand look much stronger and allows a fold
    My Movember mustache will rock your world!

Elite PokerOwned Member dipstick2's Avatar
    some ppl gonna call any a rag thinking they better than yu,i got several beats havin ak lost to a rag
    win if yu can but always play fair

PokerOwned God
    I fold a rags a lot especially when the blinds are big some people think ace not matter what is best lol

PokerOwned Veteran
    at least you know you will win most of the times

PokerOwned Veteran
    terrible call, there really isnt any way to justify the villians play/call here except for the fact that he obviously is only playing for fun and does not intend or want to take the game seriously. You have to remember in these situations that it is players like that that allow us to still make money and that make this game still profitable. You want him to call there every time when he is holding cards like that because you are such a huge favorite. It just sucks that inevidabley every once in a while the fishies will draw/suck out on you but the fact that they do occasionally draw out on you and suck out to win a hand is what keeps them depositing and playing on a daily basis. If the solid players won against the weak/fish players 100% of the time then the fish pond would dry up and all of the recreational players would stop playing poker and instead find another way to pass their idle time. So in the future dont get upset when a player calls with a hand like that and sucks out on you, instead be thankful that he gave you the action and remember that it is players like that which make this gave still profitable for us.

LLB King
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarker305 View Post
    terrible call, there really isnt any way to justify the villians play/call here except for the fact that he obviously is only playing for fun and does not intend or want to take the game seriously. You have to remember in these situations that it is players like that that allow us to still make money and that make this game still profitable. You want him to call there every time when he is holding cards like that because you are such a huge favorite. It just sucks that inevidabley every once in a while the fishies will draw/suck out on you but the fact that they do occasionally draw out on you and suck out to win a hand is what keeps them depositing and playing on a daily basis. If the solid players won against the weak/fish players 100% of the time then the fish pond would dry up and all of the recreational players would stop playing poker and instead find another way to pass their idle time. So in the future dont get upset when a player calls with a hand like that and sucks out on you, instead be thankful that he gave you the action and remember that it is players like that which make this gave still profitable for us.
    Very good post, I agree 100%, just need to vent every once in a while.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast