Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $62334.57

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Seasoned Veteran
    In my opinion Sickread is rite.... its very possible Ace high is the best hand... especially with just a call pre. and jbarker having a shorter stack why not just shove pre... its should not matter if your playing live or online..... its not a warped sense of reality its a higher understanding of the game.... for the villain to believe a shorter stack would play something that dominates him here why not reraise or shove pre.... unless he expected to call with a weak king then the only hand that would really dominate here that wouldent shove pre would have to be a3 and MAYBE k3 suited in some "warped sense of reality".... not trying to be a dick just giving my opinon

gamble gamble. isnt this what we want? if you had won the hand it would be out your memory bank. its how we humans work

Banned
    Everyone has there opinion, this one is tricky. Myself would have to agree with diggity. Gamble or not to gamble lol

PokerOwned Veteran
    So many idiots playing online, especially in lower stakes games. Your only real mistake might have been shoving because that usually invites a poorer player to call. Had you made a high value looking bet, perhaps the other person would have folded. The reality is that there are so many people playing who have money to burn that they just don't play percentage poker and it ends up being a complete crap shoot most of the time. Yes, in the long run you want the call, but it's pretty hard to see the forest when there are so many trees who are basically clueless. Remember, the lower the stakes the lower the percentages any good hand has, because there are so many additional variables (donks who don't know any better or don't care).

Experienced Member
    Its also quite possible A high was drawing dead too....but thats not really the point ...the point is he called at a 3 to 1 dog....so again unless your getting some rediculous 5...6 or 7 to 1 pot odds you dont risk 2/3rds your chips with A high no draws after the flop... period

calling a 2.7x raise pre flop with less than 20bbs with 55 instead of jamming pre is the main problem here

edit: if you are going to play 55 instead of folding is what i mean

He played the hand like crap, but don't forget that you have position on him, plus he could be cbetting a king himself for the exact reason that it won't look like a king. I would pot control, see a turn and if he cbets the turn, then you can make a decision to jam, call, or fold, but one benefit of you having position was that it gives you the ability to control the pot. And you can stack by the big pot, or die by it. I would call, see a turn, since you'll have at least a pot size bet behind, and if the turn isn't an A, Q, or J, then you can jam for protection if he bets or check it down if he checks. This will put you a position where even if he gets lucky, it probably won't cost you your stack.

He did play it like an idiot tho, but a protection bet won't work against someone who can't fold in the first place. Try adjusting to that fact first and foremost. If you knew he was a calling station, there is nothing wrong with folding here preflop. As you'll be flipping at best and he will continue with any garbage, Q10o, K9o etc.

That was the call you wanted, so you should gg it up and ask him what other tourneys he's going to play in. However, your line did look a little strange. I don't know how many people would shove with a set of K's there. At that point I would expect your hand to be rather polarized. In your case it wasn't, so I would lean to seeing a flop cheaply if you thought your hand was good.

You'll get 'em next time

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345