Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $62868.78

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OverPlaying AK

Master Sergeant
    AK is a good hand especialy suited....its a tier 2 hand....right behind AA,KK,QQ,JJ,TT,99.....its also the best drawing hand...on Carbon poker i tend to play AK super strong...now i do this...because its a profitable play most of the time...people on carbon over play QQ,JJ,AQ, and AJ.....also 90% of the time your opponet isnt goin to have AA or KK...overall preflop i beleive you play AK pretty agressive and most of the time even if you get re-raised your getting pot odds and implied odds

PokerOwned God
    AK is an excellent starting hand, but it certainly does get over played and over bet.

PokerOwned God
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiseWinPotFold View Post
    Ah... Over Playing AK seems to be my kryptonite. Last night AK(s) ran into KK. Any suggestions?
    shrug it off ... you're suppose to lose that one more often then not

PokerOwned God
    Quote Originally Posted by darkstar6483 View Post
    AK is a good hand especialy suited....its a tier 2 hand....right behind AA,KK,QQ,JJ,TT,99.....its also the best drawing hand...on Carbon poker i tend to play AK super strong...now i do this...because its a profitable play most of the time...people on carbon over play QQ,JJ,AQ, and AJ.....also 90% of the time your opponet isnt goin to have AA or KK...overall preflop i beleive you play AK pretty agressive and most of the time even if you get re-raised your getting pot odds and implied odds
    i have to agree with you on this for the most, it seems on merge everyone is following this method, m qq, kk and jj get cream by ak alot so now i learn to fold some of those hands..

Knight-Lieutenant
    Quote Originally Posted by abwil2 View Post
    I know statistically Ak vrs 22 is a coin flip but it really isnt as close as odds make it appear. Ak is ranked 8 hands better then 22, you can look at it anyways u want but ak is 8 hands better...with 22 thru to upper middle pairs u have to hit to win. Theres no way to call anything after a higher card hits the flop(unless ur live and have a helluva read) and odds are higher cards will hit the flop. I know some will disagree but.... look at a hand rank guide.
    dude your wrong
    play poker client 1/2 with me

PokerOwned God
    Quote Originally Posted by b112895 View Post
    dude your wrong
    please share why you think he is wrong ...

I think he is pretty correct on this one. 22 vs ak ... the 2's are about 52/48 favorite if its heads up and it gets the river (key word is IF). Hard to take 22 all the way to the river if you get any heat. Say a flop comes 5 J Q rainbow ... someone leads out with a decent sized bet ... would you rather call that bet with 22 or AK?

Private
    AK's the shit, and deuces are shit. I don't care about the 52/48. You have a 4% chance of hitting a set on flop, and if not you are going to fold to any bet b4u right?

Private
    damn I suck its 11.8%, still not good odds!

Knight-Lieutenant
    Quote Originally Posted by bmeelneg View Post
    please share why you think he is wrong ...

I think he is pretty correct on this one. 22 vs ak ... the 2's are about 52/48 favorite if its heads up and it gets the river (key word is IF). Hard to take 22 all the way to the river if you get any heat. Say a flop comes 5 J Q rainbow ... someone leads out with a decent sized bet ... would you rather call that bet with 22 or AK?
    he said that the ak is a favorite which it isnt, its about exactly 50 50
    not even 52 48 either
    play poker client 1/2 with me

Elite PokerOwned Member
    AK is the 14th best starting hand preflop so just remember that. I dont know how many times ive seen idiots blow big stacks cuz they either call a big preflop all in or shove with AK. Unless your short you shouldnt shove with AK. Only exception I see would be a bounty tourney because then at least there is something at stake. In a regular tourney they are long and 1 hand wont win it but it can lose it for you.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast