Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $66766.26

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Overlay Central on Merge

Since their update, like 90% of their tournaments seem to have A LOT of overlay, especially the satellite events. How can they afford/sustain this?

For example, I won a $60 coupon in a $1 r/a w/ 3 $60 coupons guaranteed and there was like $132 overlay and like 9 runners or something, like what? This was at like 5:00 am. There is no way Merge expected that guarantee to be met.

Do they want overlay in their sats for some reason? Are they trying to bring lower stakes players up to big events for those guarantees?

What do you guys think?

No clue, but generally a bad sign (see Lock)... Lock still has huge overlays and see where they are now lol... hopefully overlay will at least increase traffic

its summin to keep an eye on for sure but i wouldnt be too worried yet...the tourney schedules have only just changed
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

Quote Originally Posted by jasonv12 View Post
    Since their update, like 90% of their tournaments seem to have A LOT of overlay, especially the satellite events. How can they afford/sustain this?

For example, I won a $60 coupon in a $1 r/a w/ 3 $60 coupons guaranteed and there was like $132 overlay and like 9 runners or something, like what? This was at like 5:00 am. There is no way Merge expected that guarantee to be met.

Do they want overlay in their sats for some reason? Are they trying to bring lower stakes players up to big events for those guarantees?

What do you guys think?
    Well, obvious;y this schedule has just been rolled out. Both players and the site will adjust over the next week or so. In addition, $15 of that overlay is shaved off by it being the rake in the mtts the coupon will be used in.Merge is in no way sweating this. They actually surpassed the 150k guarantee last week, which has given them the ability to do away with the 50 seats FR. No1 ever talks about that.... that was 10k in mtt tickets, that was given away every week. This site has 10 million dollars of guaranteed mtt prizepools this month. They are solidifying their position in the USA market, as the best around, and it isn't even close. Coming off of the PM series, they no doubt attracted even more players, and some were no doubt ROW players. Merge is really doing a top notch job, and I think they are easily going to make a ton of money, while also providing the best USA poker site around.

Quote Originally Posted by sickread23 View Post
    Well, obvious;y this schedule has just been rolled out. Both players and the site will adjust over the next week or so. In addition, $15 of that overlay is shaved off by it being the rake in the mtts the coupon will be used in.Merge is in no way sweating this. They actually surpassed the 150k guarantee last week, which has given them the ability to do away with the 50 seats FR. No1 ever talks about that.... that was 10k in mtt tickets, that was given away every week. This site has 10 million dollars of guaranteed mtt prizepools this month. They are solidifying their position in the USA market, as the best around, and it isn't even close. Coming off of the PM series, they no doubt attracted even more players, and some were no doubt ROW players. Merge is really doing a top notch job, and I think they are easily going to make a ton of money, while also providing the best USA poker site around.
    I was coming to generally write this exact post.

Merge is the best US option currently and it is not even close

The way they keep changing things it's important to keep an eye on this. And since there are not many choices for US players right now it will have to do.

Elite PokerOwned Member jcolee2's Avatar
    ye s i agree i need points super quick plase

PokerOwned Pro
    Great post, I was noticing the same thing. The overlays seem to be dropping a bit with people getting used to the schedule, but some of the overlays are still pretty juicy. I was actually going to set my alarm to get up and hop in some early action where the overlays were sic in the am tourneys. The coupon tourneys are where I see some huge value, 140$ overlay on one this morning. Bad hours at work for me this week, but I will definitely scope out some value this weekend and next week if the overlays stay the same.

PokerOwned Demi-God tracyrickrobby's Avatar
    seems like everyone has the general opinion! i dont see carbon having any problems!! they make plenty!! everyone will figure out the new schedule soon!!

PokerOwned God
    their online amount of people has also dropped since last year - so it looks fishy - but then they hold those checks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast