Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $69653.74

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinion

Elite PokerOwned Member GottImHimmel's Avatar

Post Opinion

Image177.gif

OPINION THREAD TOURNAMENT STRUCTURES ONLY

In your opinion while playing a sit and go/tournament, how much of your play is based solely upon MATHEMATICAL FACTORS and how much upon INTUITION or EMOTION?

Also ( Please answer Honestly ): How often do you use concepts such as: Pot Odds, Implied odds, Online Tells and Outs/Percentage of hitting an out. E.G) 4 Pairing cards and 9 flush outs, 13 outs x 4 at the turn= 52% chance, and 26% chance on the river.

In Addition: How often and how EASILY does your play become influenced by emotion or tilting?

Thanks for your input,

GottImHimmel

P.S: PLEASE NO UN-SUBSTANTIVE ANSWERS, LIKE Lolz, I agree with the last guy.Or- " I'm always high when I play, so, who cares?
    Last edited by GottImHimmel; 11-03-2011 at 10:46 PM.
    "Power is my mistress. I have worked too hard at her conquest to allow anyone to take her away from me." - Napoléon Bonaparte

I thought that it'd be funny to throw in that P.S " 'm always high when I play, so, who cares?" That crack y'all up or what?
    "Power is my mistress. I have worked too hard at her conquest to allow anyone to take her away from me." - Napoléon Bonaparte

PokerOwned God
    i factor math in my games 50% of the time, depending on what type of tourney i am playin as well..the fr sometimes are more feeling and emoition than say the 5-11 sng bounties or cash games i play

PokerOwned Demi-God
    i always think about the math in tourney's, but stack size and blind size become more important sometimes. If you getting short stacked, you might not be getting pot odds, but its possible that it's you best chance your going to have to double up. For example, if I only have 8 or 9 blinds left and have flush draw, I might call a pot size bet on river, even though that's not quite getting pot odds. I think thats the big difference between cash and tournament, imo.

Btw, the 4X on turn and 2X on river isn't an exact formula. The more outs, the less accurate. For example, if you have the open ended str flush draw plus 2 overs, 21 outs, you're not 84 % on turn (it is 70%). The prob. is it is a curve, no magic number you can mult. by for exact percentage, because of possibility of an out hitting on turn and river.But 4 is a good estimate. The 2X on river if more accurate, just slightly higher than actual.
    Last edited by madjek; 11-04-2011 at 08:13 AM.

PokerOwned God
    Exactly as the blinds go up and I get to see play of the players at table I change my approach- but the most fulfilling is the instinct call when you just feel it - love that

I am always high when I play so who cares.
    Last edited by Poof; 11-04-2011 at 09:05 AM. Reason: I am just starting to take sng's seriously will update later in the month

PokerOwned God
    Mostly math ... emotion really has very little place in poker. I mean we are all human and have emotions and you can't completely eliminate them, but mostly emotions cloud your/our judgment.

But I'm high as a mofo right now ...

Poofy Sir, I do not appreciate your response, Lolz.

PokerOwned God
    I definitely let emotion play too much of a part of my game, but I play small stakes and win enough to keep playing.

Too much emotion. I am always calculating cost per round. Estimate pot odds. Working on the rest. Working on less emotion and more math. However, intuition and observation has played an important role at times. Oh yeah and the continuation bet

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast