Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70929.94

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OLD dog New tricks

So since im a newbie here I thought I'd share with yall a trick I have employed succesfully several times on 1-2 nl and 2-5 nl cash games.

In early Position such as SMALL BLIND... Big Blind .... and Under the Gun..... I like to limp ACE Rag IN LIVE GAMES have yet to try online (your preference if you try this is what has worked best for me so far) before the flop YOU must be the First to act if it gets checked to the flop... So Assuming you are first to Act blind bet the minimum bet in the DARK kind of like a check in the dark....
    I feel this is a little more correct then checking since you have top over card and everyone else Just checked preflop...
    This messes peoples thinking up as to what you may have.... Sometimes some of them could think you were hoping for a raise pre flop and not a check down putting your range of hands better than what it really is.... some may disagree with this as it gives potential to give a player a free card but i like to play all 7 cards possible not 5 or 7 before making a final decision and this deffinetly can help you get there easier. Plus if you flop the ace and you min bet a player with a better kicker or two pair will normally raise so now you have a cheap fold. If no raise then you guessed it you have an easy pot in most cases. Do not do this often so that other players know exactly what you have... This is just a special play used on occasion like going for the extra point instead of the feild goal.
    I do not recomend this for all styles of play this is just something that has worked very well for me personally.
    Good luck.

Just realize I may have put this in wrong topic .... sorry for any inconvienance.

PokerOwned Pro
    no i think this is a discussion so probably the right spot - i play ace rag from position and hope for the best

Elite PokerOwned Member
    i only play a 10 or higher if not too easily dominated

Elite PokerOwned Member
    i fols a rag 4/5 hands easyb way not to get outkkd

PokerOwned Pro
    Hmm , thanks for Idea , I will try it , i have never think about that

I like it, but I think this trick wouldn't work nearly as well online since you can't bet in the dark online.

PokerOwned God
    I'm glad this works for you, but there is no way i would implement this into my game play.

What kind of play is that?

Elite PokerOwned Member
    dont know if you can mess with people that are already messed to begin with

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast