Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63924.11

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Veteran

JJ in mid stages of tournament

So I was playing in one of the carbon freerolls today, there were about 30 people left and I had about the average stack. I'm dealt JJ in midposition, and there is an early raise of 450. Now my stack is right around 4k. What do you suggest here?

Call? I don't like a flat call here.
    Raise? How much though?
    Shove?

I didn't have any specifc reads on the opponent that would effect my decision here. (Play isn't too great on these freerolls though)

Fish
    all in. jacks never lose!

How to play JJ - YouTube

PokerOwned God
    Quote Originally Posted by minnymac View Post
    all in. jacks never lose!

How to play JJ - YouTube
    funny stuff ... "FFS!"

Master Sergeant
    with the info you gave me....i pop him with a pot sized raise...this keeps anyhone else from calling and puts pressure on the original raiser...and hope that at worst you are a coin flip and he doesnt have an over pair

PokerOwned God
    Well I also have problems with playing Jacks correctly. I guess I would have called and played further depending on the flop.

PokerOwned Veteren
    too many factors needed to make a decision like that (are you new or are they new to the table, has there been a standard preflop raise amongst players, has this player ever shoved their entire stack preflop with an unopened pot, etc.). at the end of the day i probably repop to 975 and hope that the player folds or simply calls and then have to play from there, if they go back over the top I would have to take another look at the blind structures to make certain that if I did fold I wouldnt get blinded off within the next 15-30 min if I were to get a cold deck

You don't like flat call but I do prefer calling here.
    PokerStars: ProBlackbird | Betsson: ProBlackbird | Party Poker: UnknownFlush

PokerOwned God
    i would call and see the flop if any over cards and then decide weather to continue and reraise or fold

There are alot of other factors, where is your stack compared to others? What are the blinds?

PokerOwned Veteran
    i might flat the JJ. i'm assuming with the 450 raise bb is around 150, so your 4k stack is a very respectable stack at this stage. If you are a bigger stack than the raise, it might be worth a shove. An appropriate re-raise would be about 1350 or so, and at that point you are committed to a re-re-raise, so you would be more likely to get a fold with a shove. If you chose to flat the JJ, you need to be ready to fold to any over card on the board, or even a big raise with all under cards, unless you sense a bluff, as they may have an under or over pair. with the 4k stack, losing 450 stinks, but is not detrimental to your survival yet, with any luck, you'll flop an A and a J, and you can slow play those and stack the villian.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast