Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $71125.27

Elite PokerOwned Member GottImHimmel's Avatar

Nothing Wrong with TAG

Listen, I am all for all the new LAG and Hyper-LAG playing styles. And In the latter stages of tourneys and sit and gos this play is definitely recommended. However, I just want to remind Everyone it is high-variance in nature and there is NOTHING wrong with playing nice and TAG for the majority of your MTT and SnG play, especially at the micro and low limits.

Your friend,

Gottimhimmel
    "Power is my mistress. I have worked too hard at her conquest to allow anyone to take her away from me." - Napoléon Bonaparte

I guess this ties right in with the thread about how to play big draws. Playing a hyper-lag style means you can accumulate a lot of chips when you hit a draw, because no one will ever give you credit. I think playing hyper-lag in a free roll or micro stakes mtt is sub-optimal to say the least. however, in a higher BI mtt tournament I prefer to play fairly lag. As with all poker, its about picking your'e spots and adjusting. Even some of the most hyper-lag players in the world have to adjust their game against top tier competition.

Elite PokerOwned Member RWPFhero's Avatar
    I would say that TAG is the standard when learning poker and the beginning of tourneys. I think you do have to be LAG later on in tournaments because of the blind levels.

PokerOwned God
    You always have to adjust your style as you learn more about your competition.

Seasoned Veteran
    Like how you put it focusing on how high variance it is. So very true. I can play tag when need be, but i am addicted to being a lagtard and fking with people,lol. I either run up monster stacks or bust so eh variance