Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64684.76

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NL HU Cash Game

why do you all think a 3 bet is best against a tight player here? Your not going to get a tight player to fold top pair here. i would just check to see what the river brings..
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

PokerOwned Demi-God
    I would just call and see what comes on the river. This is HU so you're the button right? So he min check raised which could be a draw. Raising right now pretty much says you'll be committed. Calling the raise gives you a decision on the river. If he's bluffing, you can pick up some extra $.

PokerOwned Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by abwil2 View Post
    why do you all think a 3 bet is best against a tight player here? Your not going to get a tight player to fold top pair here. i would just check to see what the river brings..
    I think abwil is right here. if you know he's a tight player, so odds are he has a hand and most likely not bluffing like you said yourself. If you 3 bet he's most likely to call here and if you don't improve on the river then your just wasting money. If you call and see the turn you'll probably still get any cash outta him that you would have gotten by 3 betting, so same results, less risk!

Seasoned Veteran
    Being that he's a tight, straight forward player, I'm sure you're behind in this spot. From the description, you are probably facing AQ (poss suited), or maybe Q 10. Due to the players image (based on your description) I would call in this spot and base the river decision on the card. I mean, and As falls, you know you're in good shape. An 80% pot bet is likely to get paid off. If not, you can just check it down and hope he does the same.

PokerOwned Master
    If you think he's strong, don't three-bet him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12