Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70855.38

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PokerOwned Veteran

Need opinions here... Layin JJ pre...

Cant find HH sorry guys but in a nutshell....

8 left in $1.50 9max turbo sng... Blinds 50/100

I open 3x bb from EP leaving me with 1300 behind. LP villain shoves for 1900. Fairly tight player from what Ive seen so I decided to lay it and pick another battle later...

At the micro stakes is that a bad fold pre-flop? I think at best im flippin against overs which is a little early on for my taste.
    He who makes a beast of himself takes away the pain of being a man

PokerOwned Demi-God
    for me its bad play that sng not mmt have many good cards you can get

PokerOwned Pro
    well if hes shoving all his stack of 1900 and in late position... there really isnt anyone left to shove against ...which means he either wants the blinds to fold/making a squeeze play/maybe coinflip against you(the raiser)..another theory is that he could have been studyin everyones pattern and just waiting to make the right move. i think you really need to have a good judgement on this opponent and really get a feel or knowledge of what his shoving range is. i dont blame you for the fold, i think i might have also.

if its possible to knock you out. then I wouldn't of played it either if you weren't invested.y risk an over to hit and it happens often of even a bigger pair witch also happens often make a good raise see a flop.go from there and how they bet pre. no if there shorter than u by quite a bit that's a bit different I suppose even qq I will laydown preflop depending the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by mpulsive07 View Post
    Cant find HH sorry guys but in a nutshell....

8 left in $1.50 9max turbo sng... Blinds 50/100

I open 3x bb from EP leaving me with 1300 behind. LP villain shoves for 1900. Fairly tight player from what Ive seen so I decided to lay it and pick another battle later...

At the micro stakes is that a bad fold pre-flop? I think at best im flippin against overs which is a little early on for my taste.
    Open folding JJ in this spot is bad.

PokerOwned Veteran
    The shove makes me think you're not crushed -- otherwise villain would call or maybe minraise and play for the trap.

I'm thinking AK, AQ looking for the fold equity. I would've looked the villain up.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Hard to lay down, but I think it looks prettier preflop than it actually is in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by lordgort View Post
    The shove makes me think you're not crushed -- otherwise villain would call or maybe minraise and play for the trap.

I'm thinking AK, AQ looking for the fold equity. I would've looked the villain up.
    But he said racing that early is not what he wants to do. I wouldnt risk it that early with JJ either, too much game left to go allin aginst AK or AQ there. I guess there are some that feel like its better to take that risk early rather then later tho..
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

LLB King
    From how he played it I would put him on an under pair, maybe AK or AQ, either way you would get your money in good.

Experienced Member
    i prob would have folded too...my stats with JJ has been 3-32 which are shoves or calling all ins. my bet they had any pocket pair most likely AK which you could have won but 9 times out of 10 at least with my luck an A or K would hit. i hate both JJ and QQ and will lay them down if it means knocking me out unless i'm under 10 BB in which i'll rely on luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast