Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70102.83

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Veteran

How do you build a bankroll?

Hey guys, new player, just wondering how you build a bankroll successfully online?

Bankroll management is the most important factor to being successful online. It's easy to build from freerolls but only if you want to grind micro stakes. Don't play out of your limits. I need to take my own advice.

Also, sign up for 2+2 and Pct 5's if your serious about poker. The people on this site are friendly, but your not going to get what you need on here. GL

PokerOwned Master
    ditto the above. Best way to build a bankroll is not spend or decrease ur bank roll...i.e. find a sustainable way to make it go up and continue whatever activity that is.

try sngs, cash, mtts. find your niche. If you have 0 dollars, then play freerolls until you have a few buy ins.

if you are bad at poker than stick to freerolls and spend 90% of your time learning from videos, forums, and ur freeroll mistakes or successes.

realistically, the best thing to do is what you find to work. this means that you will invariably be risking ur bankrool to find out. just win a lot of freerolls and bring up ur bankroll, to where you have enough buyins to where it wont hurt too bad.

if ur decent i find 2nl on bcp to be the weakest cash game u could play.

PokerOwned Master
    also yeah def register for 2+2 and pocket 5s those forums are where its at. They dont help boost ur br direclty, but they are invaluable in terms of learning the game.

gripsed poker videos on youtube are really great if u are a beginner.

once u make a few hundred off poker, i strongly suggest spending ur first 150 you take out on deuces cracked.

if you are new, checkout the options for poker tracker software. There are promotions where u can get software for free if u register with certain sites as a new member. The two best i recommend are PT4 and HM2.

also sharkscope.com and pokertableratings.com are good sites to check your stats and see how you are doing, or get intel on your opponents.

Experienced Member
    thanks for the info plutogon.

PokerOwned Veteran
    I need to try and be more disciplined. Lost the 2.60 I won

Seasoned Veteran
    Freerolls are the way. Build upto $20 or $30. Play in monthly leagues, daily freerolls etc... Then once you build a solid bankroll to start with, takeup cash or sng whatever you specialize in...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast