Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70664.38

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My First CARBON Poker Owned Freeroll

Well, I just got done with my first one, a $35 dollar one. I WAS doing good, till I got, well, I'd say I ran into a donk out of the small blind, but what do I know?
    Blinds were at 125/250, It got folded around to me in the cutoff, and I rasied it to 1500. A bit much, now that I think about it, but I had AQ suited, And I was basically tryin to steal the blinds reppin a big pair.

Well, the SB insta called, Which I thought was odd, the flop comes out 9-10-7, and the SB chcecks. Thinking I could rep a big pair, and with two overs and a backdoor flush, I shoved, and got insta called. I didn't think anyone would call that big a rasie w the hands that would make a st8 (J8,6-8), but maybe a pair would, and had hit a set. Well, I was right. The small blind insta called, showed A9spades, for middle pair and an overcard, no other draw, and no spade even!

Wow, one pair, not even top, just insta called it. I was a bit upset, at myself and what I considered to be a horrible call. A measly pair of 10's and I would have stacked this donkey. Next time I'll know, and stack her with an overpair. Obviously, any holding, I'll get the call. I saw several people fall into this trap, so I guess it's typical.

In the end, it was my fault, I had just got to the table, and had only watched a few hands. I'm sure I would have played it diff, had I any idea. Personaly, I might have made the same call out of the blind, but I would have folded to the shove, as middle pair and an overcard could have been killed by any number of hands someone would raise that big with, unless your just gambling at the freeroll for poops and giggles.

Oh, well, back to earning more points for another!

lol welcome to PO freerolls that is standard for these....

I'm just excited at the prospect of stacking someone with a measly overpair after a post flop shove. I saw it happen, alot, Can't wait to get me some!

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Great to hear now go win one for the Gipper!!!

You will see that type of play happen alot in those tournaments

Banned
    this is donkey central. worst players in the world here.

Elite PokerOwned Member onehotdame's Avatar
    my first po tourny was not pleasant ~ all these shit talk'n ~ think'n they're stuff dont sti....anyway , all my freinds now
    <Poof> I only want to kick those chickens that beat up the rooster

Experienced Member
    The first one is definetly the best.

PokerOwned Veteran
    No shock to hear about this on a freeroll, always have to have a different style when playing in different types of tourneys.

PokerOwned Veteran
    I took first place in one yesterday. The competiton is only so so and the field size is small. Gotta love it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast