Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64527.02

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    PokerOwned Master
    I feel like the 1st one is always the best. I joined recently and I got 5.40 in my first one Haven't placed since, lol. Anyways, kudos

Experienced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MPALER View Post
    Well, I just got done with my first one, a $35 dollar one. I WAS doing good, till I got, well, I'd say I ran into a donk out of the small blind, but what do I know?
    Blinds were at 125/250, It got folded around to me in the cutoff, and I rasied it to 1500. A bit much, now that I think about it, but I had AQ suited, And I was basically tryin to steal the blinds reppin a big pair.

Well, the SB insta called, Which I thought was odd, the flop comes out 9-10-7, and the SB chcecks. Thinking I could rep a big pair, and with two overs and a backdoor flush, I shoved, and got insta called. I didn't think anyone would call that big a rasie w the hands that would make a st8 (J8,6-8), but maybe a pair would, and had hit a set. Well, I was right. The small blind insta called, showed A9spades, for middle pair and an overcard, no other draw, and no spade even!

Wow, one pair, not even top, just insta called it. I was a bit upset, at myself and what I considered to be a horrible call. A measly pair of 10's and I would have stacked this donkey. Next time I'll know, and stack her with an overpair. Obviously, any holding, I'll get the call. I saw several people fall into this trap, so I guess it's typical.

In the end, it was my fault, I had just got to the table, and had only watched a few hands. I'm sure I would have played it diff, had I any idea. Personaly, I might have made the same call out of the blind, but I would have folded to the shove, as middle pair and an overcard could have been killed by any number of hands someone would raise that big with, unless your just gambling at the freeroll for poops and giggles.

Oh, well, back to earning more points for another!
    yea well donks will be donks they are so predictable some times but yet u never know what ther capable of better to b safe than sorry

PokerOwned Veteran
    One thing I noticed is everyones so aggro pre flop wheres the nitty peeps?

Experienced Member
    Overly aggressive preflop is common for novice and intermediate players who want a quick result...either double up or get out. Sadly this isn't exclusive to just PO, anywhere that has low buy-in, re-buys or freerolls, the value of postflop play deteriorates to too many preflop all-ins because they don't always understand the value of the chips, ICM or just lack the ability of postflop play

Fish

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123