Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64613.62

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Veteran

My bankroll challenge

During the Christmas holidays, I was challenged to start with a $0 bankroll and see how high I can build it. So here goes my story: Thanks to a $20 pokerowned freeroll, I was able to start on Dec. 29th, 2012. I finished 5th in the 11pm Juicy Stakes tourney and won $1.50. Okay, what do you do with $1.50? I quickly took $1.20 to a $0.02/0.04NL table and played it up to $3.52. Sounds good so far. Then, I went to bed since it was really late.

Seasoned Veteran
    Before I get to far down the road in this let me lay out the ground rules I am following:
    In the early stages there are not many rules other than...if I double my buy-in at the table I need to leave the table unless I am running hot. If at any time my stack is half of my highest stack at the table then leave the table.

Once, I reach $100 the rules are the same as Chris Ferguson's.
    1. I can never risk more than 5% of my bankroll in sit-and-gos and cash games. If I am playing MTTs I can’t buy in for more than 2% of my bankroll, or 0.5% in rebuy tournaments. The only exceptions are for tournaments that cost $ 2.50 or less.

2. If I am playing pot-limit or no-limit cash games I should get out before the blinds reach me if I have more than 10% of my bankroll on the table at any one time.

3. If I have to drop down a level, or I have had a few tough sessions and it’s affecting my motivation, take a break. Come back when I am rested and able to play in the small games with 100% focus.

4. If I see an easy game for more money, don’t join in – it’s not an excuse to play in that game. However, if I spot a lower stakes game featuring a much easier field, by all means play it.

Seasoned Veteran
    Okay, a lot has happened over the last couple of days. I have been playing a lot of $0.02/0.04NL to the point that I was feeling comfortable to play higher stakes….can I say roller coaster. I started with the $3.52 on 12-31-2012 and ran it up to $86.37 by the end of the night on 01-01-2013. I then started to play in tourneys and sit-n-gos until I was down to $8.63. Okay, I learned a hard lesson. I was going at it all wrong. I know it seems that tournaments are where you won’t spend as much of your bankroll but, let me tell you…If you don’t keep an eye on your bankroll while buying into these tourneys and re-buys and add-ons all add up to make you break your bank.

Seasoned Veteran
    01-03-2013
    8:30pm
    Bankroll: $8.63
    After taking a day off I decided to get into some tables and see what I can do. I sat down at a $0.02/0.04NL table with $1.20. The cards took a bit to start coming to me but I was able to run up to $4.26 and left the table. I decided I would try my luck playing on 2 tables. I sat down at each table with $1.20. It was slow going but after a while I was staying around the $2.00 mark on each table. I decided to try and sit a 3rd table. That went fine until I was sitting with QQ in the hole and middle position. I raised 5 times the blind and the BB calls me. The flop comes out and I make a set so, I push all-in. The BB calls me with AA. The turn comes and I am safe. The river comes an Ace. All I can say is “sigh!” and reloaded the table with $1.20. After a while folding and my chips are down by $0.12 to $1.08, I get AA hole cards. I am UTG at this point and call the blind. The guy who took me earlier raises to $0.20 and I call. The flop comes out “3,Q,J” rainbow. I check, he bets $0.60, I re-raise him all-in. He calls. He shows QQ and takes me again. Alright now this is dumb!! I get off that table and focus on the other two. I end up doubling my money on the other two tables and then some. I finally get my bankroll back up and quickly grow it to $16.82. Okay, just for kicks I am going to sit down at a $0.05/$0.10NL table. That was a tuff crowd I walked away this evening with a bankroll of $15.90.

Seasoned Veteran
    01-04-2013
    9:00am
    Bankroll: $15.90
    Today, I decided to just play a few tables make a little bit of money and get out. We will see how that goes.
    After looking at my rakeback, I decided to play a couple of $2 double-up sit-n-go tournaments. I did well placing in 3 out of 4. Now I am ready to sit at a $0.05/$0.10NL table. I played really well today and finished this session with a bankroll of $29.46.

Note: I started playing at the $0.05/$0.10NL tables because I seem to do really well on my ROI.

Seasoned Veteran
    01-05-2013
    9:45am
    Bankroll: $59.69
    Last night I started playing at about 11:30pm with my bankroll at $29.46 and finished at around 2:30am. It was a great night. I ended up doubling my bankroll. And went to bed. It was nice to sit at a table not having to worry if I was going to lose half my bankroll at the table.

Seasoned Veteran
    01-06-2013
    10:30pm
    Bankroll: $121.69
    Finally broke the $100 barrier. Time to set weekly goals. I will set a goal $200 by Wed. 01-09-2013. I will report back then and from now on report weekly on Wednesdays. I will set my goals each Wednesday.

PokerOwned Master
    good luck with your challenge dont et crazy with winnings an keep an eye on your rules ^^

Finally broke the $500 barrier .

Seasoned Veteran
    way to go Hey833 keep it up. I had a rough day today played 7 hours straight(logged 977 hands) but following my rules I am still at $109(didn't lose too much). I will probably play more tonight. The later crowd seems to be a bit fishier on Juicy. I checked my rake back and I have over $30 coming to me on Wed. and still have another day to earn. I have also qualified for a $5000 guaranteed freeroll through my rakeback site. I have also earned 4 Gold cards out of 13 for the month of January. Would love to make it in the 13k gold card freeroll.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast