Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63538.85

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Multi Enty Possible Rip Off?

Look I've been looking at these tournaments on Full Tilt lately and reading the rules. Bare with me but I believe there are some situations in which doing great in a multi-entry tournament could be a huge rip off. Lets say your having an absolutely amazing session and you've managed to get both your entries in a tournament to the final two tables in a massive tournament. With your chip stacks there are 11 people left and you currently stand 4th and 10th with the bottom three stacks being at a huge disadvantage (for argument sake say 9th has 70k chips and 8th has 800k). Me, personally I think I would rather get knocked out in 10th or 11th with my short stack than to make it to the final table and combine my two stacks and make relatively little difference in my chip stack. I just think that the system that they have in play now can lose you a good deal of money by making it to the final table this way. Personally I think that if you buy-in to the tournament and start with two different chip stacks you should be allowed to finish with two different chip stacks. I.E. make it to the final table with both entries and earn both rewards for the respective places that you finish.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Wow I don't know what I was thinking with my last I.E. there are a number of reasons why that wouldn't work and I see where you get an automatic 9th now too.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

PokerOwned God
    i agree

Elite PokerOwned Member
    mulit entry to me is like being able to rebuy.. play session.. u out.. buy another.. what works for me i would just buy in with one entry.. try make it thru to end of late reg.. when late reg near.. buy one more entry.. get in for 2.. try make some bacon

Sergeant Major
    Look I've been looking at these tournaments on Full Tilt lately and reading the rules. Bare with me but I believe there are some situations in which doing great in a multi-entry tournament could be a huge rip off. Lets say your having an absolutely amazing session and you've managed to get both your entries in a tournament to the final two tables in a massive tournament. With your chip stacks there are 11 people left and you currently stand 4th and 10th with the bottom three stacks being at a huge disadvantage (for argument sake say 9th has 70k chips and 8th has 800k). Me, personally I think I would rather get knocked out in 10th or 11th with my short stack than to make it to the final table and combine my two stacks and make relatively little difference in my chip stack. I just think that the system that they have in play now can lose you a good deal of money by making it to the final table this way. Personally I think that if you buy-in to the tournament and start with two different chip stacks you should be allowed to finish with two different chip stacks. I.E. make it to the final table with both entries and earn both rewards for the respective places that you finish.

Knight-Lieutenant
    Interesting point of view. But it would be unfair to play the final table with TWO ENTRIES against 7 people right? That's like collusion

Master Sergeant
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyrantula View Post
    Interesting point of view. But it would be unfair to play the final table with TWO ENTRIES against 7 people right? That's like collusion
    Its not possible, when there is only 1 table remaining and you have 2 entries still at large those stacks combine. Your shortest stack gets eliminated in the current place and if that place pays, you get the prize money and the chips added to your other stack. WIN WIN.

Banned
    But also, how many times do you figure you are going to make the final table with two entries? I have been deep in a few and I have not seen many people make it, I'd say it is maybe 1 out of 100 so far.. I have come top 25 with two but that's it.. Doing 4 buy-ins is stupid (unless you're doing a small buy-in).. But if you're doing like a $26x2 it does not seem to bad to me... Finish in top 10% on one buy-in and you're starting to gain profit usually.. That's just my opinion of the whole thing!

Banned
    It also helps you really, because a lot of these idiots are playing these tournaments like freerolls.. I'm not talking about the $1 tournaments though which maybe you were referring to I'm not sure =)

Well I think these multi entry tourneys deplete your bankroll much quicker

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast