Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70746.29

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    LLB King

What do you guys think about this hand?

So the blinds were 200/400 with 40 ante, I had 5600 chips to start and I got AQo early position. Two players fold, and then I raise 800, two more fold and then one guy calls, everyone else folds. Flop comes Q 8 6 rainbow, I bet 2560, he shoves, I call, he has 9 7, turn comes another 6 and on the river he hits a straight with a 10.

What do you guys think, I feel like I could have shoved preflop and won the pot, but didn't want to flip for it against a small pair.

Experienced Member
    its crazyness.

He played the hand like an idiot clearly.

If you knew there was a clown like him at your table who would call to see a flop too light tho, there is nothing wrong with folding AQo in ep, given that losing one small pot even gives up most of your fold equity in the future. For you, it might be different because I revolve on a game of thievery a bit excessively when really shallow stacked like that and you clearly are playing a little bit out of that realm, but just cause AQo is pretty doesn't mean you have to play it.

If you do tho, I'd shove/fold. You can't really fold to a 3bet anyways, so might as well maximize your fold equity.

Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    Depends how many tourneys he/she was playing.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry

PokerOwned Demi-God tracyrickrobby's Avatar
    that stuff seems to happen alot! i think u played it right, he just got lucky!! u dont want to put all your chips in with AQ in early position!! i might have raised it a little bigger tho!! then he might have folded his 79

Elite PokerOwned Member Bastian2607's Avatar
    Sounds normal to me...when you play every Day in Micro Tournaments on Pokerstars its nothing new...
    All about the stakes you play...the higher the better People you play against....

You got the player to put all his money in as a big dog. You played the hand correctly, you cant be so results focused and just be happy with your play.
    My Movember mustache will rock your world!

PokerOwned Master
    never min raise with so few BBs with a hand like that, especially oop. shove or fold. I'd be happy shoving and picking up blinds and antes there.

PokerOwned Veteran
    I agree with most people on here, I think you definitely should have shoved or folded............

LLB King
    Thanks guys, I could have went all in and he would have probably folded, and then I would have had more time to find a better spot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast