Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $62550.92

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Been doing fairly well in .02/.04 ring games. I will consider the double ups they just seem grindy for not much money

PokerOwned Veteran
    there basically isnt a strategy for them... like others have have said its just bingo poker push and hope for the best... if you can afford to not play them i wouldnt waste my time if i were you. but if you have like a dollar or smthn( like say a step 3 win) then there ok to grind short term. stick with freerolls and the fast fifty you will be much better off.. gl

I would tend to think they dont even need to be top of the range hands, provided you think the others will fold
    My Movember mustache will rock your world!

Seasoned Veteran
    I agree with what many have said.
    The correct strategy is to treat superturbos like a roulette wheel and don't play them.

That said, the other strategy is to play LOTS of them and gather information on the people who seem to like playing them alot.
    Get range beads on the regulars, then start picking tables carefully and play your edge (still with terribly exciting variance).

PokerOwned Demi-God
    yea crazy tourneys!! Just shove with anything descent and pray! lol

The .11 ones really don't have a lot of strategy behind them because everyone is crazy. They are still profitable if you can dominate heads up when you get to that point or if you are willing to multi-table like 40 of them.

If you double up, DON'T get involved unless you have an absolute MONSTER aka fold AK, you don't need to gamble. The 300 chips aren't worth it even if you're against A2, the risk isn't worth the reward. A double up can almost always carry you to the money.

If you have a big enough bankroll, the swift room for $10 + entry and hare room for $20 + entry are MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH more profitable and people actually understand them dynamics enough not to force stupid gambles and allows you to actually compose a position based strategy.

Also a big tip: go to the options on Carbon and make sure the timer to when the blinds go up is on your table. Manipulate that on your turns so that you don't have to face the next blind up or inversely to put pressure on shorter stacks with this indirect involvement and no chip risk.

Some other tips:

Don't limp in unless you're slow playing AK, AQ, or AJs not worth it.
    Don't steal blinds with garbage at the micro stakes.
    Don't double bet at the micro stakes unless it's "slow playing" a big pair -- people will just call to a flop and you'll get yourself into an ugly spot if you whiff.
    If a flop does come out -- just donk bet or cbet the minimum if you didn't hit a piece of it or a small piece of it and shut down if your opponent calls.
    Also avoid calling all ins. There is a big difference between shoving and calling. Calling with an A2 is a recipe for disaster, shoving with it is the correct play in some cases. Same with baby pockets and Kx through K10ish and Ax through A7ish -- never call with these hands unless your stack is less than 3bbs, shove with them sometimes.
    If a short stack in front of you shoves, fold garbage even if the math is right. Each chip is just too valuable.
    If you're utg with 5 people to act behind, don't shove a baby ace or low pocket ESPECIALLY with 3-4 bbs. This is especially true at the lowest stakes games. You will be called and you don't want to gamble for your life -- you want free blinds.
    Detect regulars and look to how they play things (if they limp call an all in with AA -- you better make note of that both mentally and on Carbon's note system).
    Expect tons of variance. Don't play one unless you have at least 50x the buy in price -- exception of bumblebees of course.

These games are WAY more profitable than people give them credit to be, but you have to understand how to approach them and not just ride the cards and luck. There are obvious, intricate advantages to take advantage of. Use them.
    Last edited by jasonv12; 05-09-2013 at 12:23 AM.

Seasoned Veteran
    i ahte play .11 super turbos.. all they do is shove shove shove
    the double stack 1$ buyins are good but are annoying as well.. people just fold every hand hoping they make the top 5 without effort

Seasoned Veteran
    super turbos are ridiculos. no play after the first 20 min. gross

Elite PokerOwned Member
    you have to be very agreesive as the blinds go up very fast....what is the point of playing on merge? you wont be able to withdraw

PokerOwned Pro
    I like the super turbos somewhat won my 1.10 ticket for 27 cents turned that into 10.50.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast