Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $71298

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Merge 6-max Super Turbo Strategy

Before I get into the strategy of these games I want to share some of my stats to show the results of this strategy. At the bottom of this post is a graph of 294 games played. The beginning 60 or so games are bumblebee (11 cent) 6-max super turbos. It's clear on the graph that these games offered a much lower ROI (actually I have about a -1 ROI). The starting stacks of 1500 chips greatly change the approach needed. For that reason I suggest NOT using this guide if you want to play those games. The following games in that graph, over 200 of them, are $1 Fruit Fly Super-turbos. Those results show a 21.12 ROI. That number is much higher then what should be expected in my opinion. I would expect a ROI of between 10-15 for this type of game pre rakeback, but maybe the games on Merge are that much softer that this ROI can be sustained.

Strategy:

Basics:
    These games are played very straight forward. The starting stacks are 10bb (1000 chips, 50/100 blinds). They feature fast growing 3 minute levels. For this reason these games must be approached with the intent of getting a quick double up.

How to double up:
    It is nearly impossible to shove all in and be statistically ahead every time. You will be forced to go all in at times in these games and be behind. Either by bad luck or due to pot odds. If you do not have a good understanding of pot odds please stop reading this and Google "Understanding Pot Odds" to learn more. A good understanding of pot odds is essential to winning in this game.

When you decide to shove you are ideally looking to invest as a 60/40 favorite. This will allow you the greatest ROI. Investing in a coin flip is always profitable in this game. You can expect to get between 1-1.5 to 1 on your money in a coin flip situation, which is +EV.

During the first level of blinds my range of hands are any pocket pair, AK, AQ, and AJ. Everything else I lay down (with a few exceptions). If it folds around to me and I'm either on the button or SB I will shove with a wider range of hands in hopes of picking up the blinds. If I do get called I'll be a coin flip or at the very worst 40-60 underdog, which on occasion can be +EV depending on the pot odds.

Late gameplay:
    If you didn't manage to double up during the first level of blinds that is your first priority. Widen your range of hands and shove from position.

When the game gets down to 3 players you are now playing for the money. This is the one time I say play for the money first, and win second. I say this only because once you are heads up you can easily regain the chip advantage and win the Sit n Go. MTT's do not offer this and thus why you should always play for the win in MTT's. I'm not saying getting super passive on the "bubble", I'm just saying don't invest with a marginal hand in a 3 way all in pot.

With that said, I do suggest widening your range of hands and shoving from position. Many players will make a position shove and this is why you need to widen your range to call. Your range to call is dependent on your chip stack, the chip stack of your opponent, pot odds if there is any dead money in the pot, and the cards you fold. I can't list out the hands you should call with or lay down. That is where your understanding of pot odds and what your opponent is likely to hold comes into play. You will learn this the longer you play.

Heads up play:
    If you manage to get heads up it is important to know the blind levels. If you are on level one or two you can take a conservative approach and wait for a big hand or flop. I suggest calling from the button instead of raising the big blind, unless you have a big hand and you know you may get called. This of course is dependent on your opponent. If you're on level 3+ of blinds it's all in poker. Shove often on the button with any hand that will win 50%+ of the time. I'm sure if you do a Google search of what hands win 50%+ of the time vs a random hand you'll find something.

Side notes:
    - These games have a high level of variance and due to this a larger amount of buy-ins is required.
    - Do not invest all in early with small pocket pairs or marginal hands in multi-way all in pots
    - Do not be afraid to gamble. You need some luck to win these!
    - And above all, Good luck on the felt

Advanced Strategy:
    Use a HUD and adjust your hand range accordingly.

Last edited by Mrlova; 01-30-2012 at 01:06 AM.

Great thread as always Mrlova =)

PokerOwned Veteran
    good stuff.. But the actual 6max super turbos only start with 1000 chips so you have to widen right off the get go.
    Steve
    Steortex,steindallas,SteortexrulesLLBS

Quote Originally Posted by steortex View Post
    good stuff.. But the actual 6max super turbos only start with 1000 chips so you have to widen right off the get go.
    I said what the starting stacks were, and I gave my range of hands

PokerOwned God
    the bumblebee start with 1500 chips the rest are 1k..very well written thread..i agree with all you said, i play 1.06 2.20 alot..thanks for the info
    Last edited by gametime74; 01-30-2012 at 01:35 AM.

Wow, this is neat, i'll take all of this into account : o

these games your either gonna have to push or fold early on, with 10 BBs....no matter what these tournie are gonna be strickly luck, players are pushing with anything decent at times, brutal beats sometimes lol

Quote Originally Posted by TrueOC View Post
    these games your either gonna have to push or fold early on, with 10 BBs....no matter what these tournie are gonna be strickly luck, players are pushing with anything decent at times, brutal beats sometimes lol
    These games aren't "strictly luck"

PokerOwned Veteran
    MrLova is right the .11 cent ones arent because you get 15 big blind The regular Super turbos are alot more what of what true is saying. and you only get 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrlova View Post
    These games aren't "strictly luck"
    Steve

PokerOwned Veteran
    MrLova only the .11 cent once are 1500 all the 6 man sit and goes super turbos on merge you start out with 1000 chips. Anyway very good stuff nice read
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrlova View Post
    I said what the starting stacks were, and I gave my range of hands
    Steve

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast