Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64708.34

I Gots You Dominated MovingFlea's Avatar

Min-Raising in Hyper Turbo Heads-Up NL Hold Em'

I've been playing some games lately of this format (trying to build a bankroll). So if you guys have any advice I'll be willing to listen.

Although one question in particular is whether or not a min raise is superior to a regular 3XBB raise. I tried both ways and I felt much more comfortable min raising (I usually despise it). Because we start with such a shallow stack and I only have one opponent to worry about I just feels it has more benefits than downsides.

For one it protects me from 3 bets.

Secondly it seems to get the job done in getting them to fold, at least in the opponent I tried it on.

I think it keeps the variance low.

There are probably downsides, if the opponent knows he is getting the right odds to call he might start calling light, and check raising when he thinks I've missed, or he hit the flop.
    Your hole cards are the least important factor in Texas hold'em.
    -MovingFlea

I gotta say I think it's just luck that you got anyone to fold. You start those tourneys with 10 BBs and the blinds go up every 3 minutes. Any decent hand pretty much calls for a push, don't you think?

I Gots You Dominated MovingFlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HopsnBarley28 View Post
    I gotta say I think it's just luck that you got anyone to fold. You start those tourneys with 10 BBs and the blinds go up every 3 minutes. Any decent hand pretty much calls for a push, don't you think?
    Its starts at 25BB.

Your thinking about the Hyper Turbo 6 Max. Those things are a variance bitch.
    Your hole cards are the least important factor in Texas hold'em.
    -MovingFlea

EddieTorr
    I hate hyper turbo. No time for solid play. You've got to stab, and stab quickly.

Elite PokerOwned Member astub1975's Avatar
    min raising in online poker (especially out of position) is usually incorrect. the only exceptions are if the blinds are super high or you are super-deep stacked, both which aren't present in a turbo or super-turbo