Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70410.85

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Losing patience

Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar

Question Losing patience

I resolved myself to play the Carbon PO tourneys however it's just too boring for me... I can't see myself NOT getting bullied into spots since I play a lot of crummy hands, so I should prob quit while I'm ahead.

Good luck, PO! I don't see the point in losing over n' over just coz I'm supposed to play a certain way...

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hand...892_E7A67E9D88

I get there's a mathematical reason NOT to play aggressive, especially since he had top pair, however you're all forgetting that this game is for FUN. If you don't expect luck to be a factor, and strive for it, you're gonna lose out. Getting pocket aces and winning tournaments loses it's appreciation, it's only the other ppl playing that will make the game exciting. So what if I'm tired of winning with 'made hands,' I like winning with rags...

Reasons to play rags:

i) Someone else's perspective get ranged, especially with any overcard race.
    ii) It's fun to make ppl tilt.
    iii) Mixed cards will always have only 30% chances of hitting, that goes to 0% once turn and river flop n' overpair, so chase chase, chase!!!
    iv) Pocket pairs are rare.

Chasin' is fun:

Last edited by eqgh5uea; 11-07-2013 at 02:32 PM.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry

well if your losing over and over and havent figured out why you shouldnt be playing trash constantly then maybe you need a LONG break from poker as this isnt bingo... but i can direct you to som,e bingo sites that give free money LOL
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

I guess it depends on how you find your fun. You say the game is for fun - that is fundamentally wrong. If you are approaching it as pure entertainment, then, yes, you will be regularly dominated by those who are trying to learn and apply skills. For me, the fun is not in playing garbage and getting lucky - it's learning how to play correctly, applying that knowledge, and seeing positive results in the long run.

PokerOwned Veteran
    original poster:

hmmmmm very odd takes:
    "I get there's a mathematical reason NOT to play aggressive, especially since he had top pair, however you're all forgetting that this game is for FUN. If you don't expect luck to be a factor, and strive for it, you're gonna lose out"

the reason us winning regs dont expect luck to be a factor, is because our technical edge by far out wins the "luck factor"
    aggressive poker=winning poker

sying you "like playing rag hands " is great for u bro... keep havin fun... we need recreational players having fun... obv

Elite PokerOwned Member
    wow that really sucks , how in the world did a 6J go 4 it

Experienced Member
    at the end of the day people will play what they wanna play i just say nh and use the information for future reference

I swear that peoples reading and comprehension skills have hit an all time low.

u guys are delusional if u think its not for fun... there's no real ordeal to speak of... i don't understand why u'd think u'd be getting payed to do what exactly??? stay up at night n' not sleep?

Best advice ever gotten at a poker table: have FUN!

P.S. As my grandfather from the ol' country would say it's hell not to have work!
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry

Elite PokerOwned Member JohnnyDeepStacks's Avatar
    Nice hand, good luck and good game is all that needs to be said to the Jack Sixer.

JDS boobytrap spelled backwards is partyboob
    PooffyFooffy omg I need to play there more, were u in da game?
    JDS @PooffyFooffy no Pooffy its just a fun fact

i only called coz i was watching the hockey game n' it was a misclick then i seen the board had 3 clubs...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast