Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70874.75

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Asking for bankroll advice going into Poker Maximus

Hey guys, so I'm on a bit of a down swing lately on Carbon, running pretty poorly, etc. and really see Poker Maximus VI as an opportunity to turn around the ~$300 I've lost over the past month.

Right now, my bankroll is around $420. I'm wondering what games should I invest in? Normally I try to stay within 100+ buy ins when it comes to MTTs, unless I sat in, but with this series being a very limited thing, should I take shots at $5.50 and $11 tournaments despite how I've been running?

I have earned a few coupons for $5.50 and $11 events, should I just stick to those 4 events? Is it worth risking some of my diminished bankroll to try to sat up into bigger events (normally I like to invest winnings into sats, not losses)?

Am I risking too much by even taking chances past like $2.20 tournaments? And could this have negative repercussions on my bankroll past small loss trends continuing?

What do you guys think?

The 1.10 and 2.20 BI tourneys are within your BR guidelines, so I definitely think you should play in those. I think you should stick with your BR and not play anything larger. Altogether if it works with your schedule you would have a shot in 12 events, which is pretty good. They are long tournaments, so it might get somewhat draining to play in more.

Since I have a flat 5% BI rule, I thought I had a large enough BI to register for all the 1.10 and 2.20 PM events, so I signed up for all of them. Now I just noticed that they are all re-entry and didn't factor that in. I know I really shouldn't play in them now, but I can't bring myself to unregister!!

PokerOwned God
    Quote Originally Posted by rghy2 View Post
    The 1.10 and 2.20 BI tourneys are within your BR guidelines, so I definitely think you should play in those. I think you should stick with your BR and not play anything larger. Altogether if it works with your schedule you would have a shot in 12 events, which is pretty good. They are long tournaments, so it might get somewhat draining to play in more.

Since I have a flat 5% BI rule, I thought I had a large enough BI to register for all the 1.10 and 2.20 PM events, so I signed up for all of them. Now I just noticed that they are all re-entry and didn't factor that in. I know I really shouldn't play in them now, but I can't bring myself to unregister!!
    I like the 5% rule better. It can be hard to grind up money on carbon, I feel that sometimes u have to take some risks to boost it up.

Quote Originally Posted by WILD View Post
    I like the 5% rule better. It can be hard to grind up money on carbon, I feel that sometimes u have to take some risks to boost it up.
    5% works for me because I'm not trying to consistently play at one level. I have no problem moving up and down stakes based on how well I'm doing. I think jasons BR is more geared for someone that is working towards dominating a specific level. With the higher BR requirements it seems the plan is to be able to play the same level for longer so that variance has less to do with what level you are playing. I'm not sure if I really explained that clearly or not, but hopefully I got the basic idea across.

PokerOwned Master
    I think you are fine with what you are buying in for now. Yes keep in mind that they are rebuys or reentries. So that does effect your decisions too. The 5% rule is a great idea but you have been running bad you said so that effects your decisions on what to enter as well. However you may run well in the low limits and cash well. If you do there is no harm in trying the $5 buy ins but I would stay away from the $11 after you use your coupons. GOOD LUCK!!!

PokerOwned Demi-God
    man thats my damn problem. playing out of my bankroll. and I've been playing way to high from the sound of it. I know i am and i still do. maybe thats y im a loosing player

Quote Originally Posted by newdaddyhere View Post
    man thats my damn problem. playing out of my bankroll. and I've been playing way to high from the sound of it. I know i am and i still do. maybe thats y im a loosing player
    Yeah the higher you go the more variance one way or the other, bigger swings. Yeah it nice to hit a good lick but if you dont your BR is gone..
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

i mean technically you should stay within the 100 mtt limits but, i dont see a problem with taking a small chance if you know when to quit

PokerOwned Demi-God
    its always same 5_10 % of your bancroll but ho cares good luck to you

I've been trying to figure out how to get the maximus tournament. Can anyone tell me what to do Please!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast