Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70101.41

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Limit Poker?

Limit Poker?

I was thinking about trying to build a BR at limit poker. I've played Limit for over 4 years anywhere from $2/$4 to $10/$20. My question is is it possible to build a BR if I start at $2/$4?

I'm not really sure what you are trying to learn here. If you feel you are experienced and can be profitable, then of course you can build a BR starting at any level, if you have enough of a starting stake. For instance, if you start with only $50 stake and try to build from $2/$4, that would be unwise, because you would be playing too cautiously, I suspect.
    I'm not slurring my words. I'm talking in cursive. I believe the ladies find it to be quite elegant.

Seasoned Veteran
    it is very difficult to build up a BR with limit poker. the rake kills your profit unless you get into a huge pot. but as stated already if you have $50 you should play in the .10/.25 or lower. my general rule is to play with at least 100BB.

PokerOwned Pro
    Hows your bankroll? Is it building? Think u can answer that one yourself my friend gl

PokerOwned God
    Of course it's possible. As long as you practice good brm you can build a br at any level.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    yea limit poker sucks! Im too used to no limit!!

EddieTorr
    I'll second what Herbs916 said: Start small and work your way up as your bankroll grows. Good luck!

Elite PokerOwned Member astub1975's Avatar
    all you have to do is identigy your goals and go for it. fixed limit poker is probably not the best way to build a bankroll but gl!

PokerOwned Demi-God DocHo11idaze's Avatar
    Yeah, but with online you have to play it as if its a higher live. 2/4 online is like 6/12 live as far as money goes. lots of capping pre flop, etc, but it can be done, quite easily with ABC
    Turtleboooy: lol when i come on i think f*** that Doc guy but i dont know why...haha

PokerOwned Veteran
    on line you have to play the math. you will be betting into the nuts a lot more. tuff way to make a living.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast