Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70146.36

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Having a maniac on your left

This is something I always struggle with. Whenever I raise, I almost always get called or raised.

I can't play implied odds hands despite the fact it's really early in the tournament because I'll be raised out of them. If I go with a real hand, I'm still allowing a ton of variance to play out. I don't want to get pot committed with one pair at all.

I have a really hard time with this, especially in turbo structures where my time to accumulate chips is very limited.

Advice?

nothing u can really do but play tighter than them and try to get it in way ahead

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

2 options...be a nit and wait for him to get called by a bigger idiot before you start playing anything or u get the nuts

or go hyper agressive he raises u push 9/10 they will call with utter garbage or fold cuz they know ull probs have something
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

PokerOwned Master
    for me then thats the only time when its actually ok to limp. i'd see a flop as cheap as possible then let him fire away if you hit it hard.

If I notice some dude shoving every hand.. Eventually I know he's just bluffing the pot. If I'm feeling froggy I'll wait for the right hand and call him.

Otherwise I'll just fold out and wait for a table transfer or let someone else do my dirty work. Especially early on in the tournament.

i hate people whos rude

Quote Originally Posted by ptbros72 View Post
    i hate people whos rude
    That has nothing to do with anything. Don't spam the forum please.

PokerOwned Master
    Over time you have played with the same people enough to know or have taking notes to understand how that person plays. Rely on notes, or do like me, don't worry about pot odds or the math of poker and play

PokerOwned Demi-God
    if you reise on shi..t end gay rereise way is he maniac

Seasoned Veteran
    i hate having that guy to left of me. just gotta pick your hands wisely and wait for his donkness to get him knocked out. everytime ive went all in trying to get him to back down he magically has a good hand or beats me with crap hands and thinks he is good. no skill and its pathetic

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast