Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70792.46

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PokerOwned Demi-God

Thumbs down Chatting Smack Sometimes Works

I have noticed that sometimes accepting a dare or thinking you're going to fix the smartasses ass that's chatting smack, will get a player to donk out.
    Just the other night a player kept texting nasty chat to a female player. She finally got insulted and mad enough that she went all in. The first time everyone folded. The second time she got two calls and lost out of the tourney.
    After she was gone the same player started in on another player. Calling the other player twinky and making other ugly remarks. He caused that player to make several bad calls, and lose completely out too.
    At the end of the tourney I was on the final table. Guess what? There was the rude chatting player, and he was still chatting smack on the final table. I went out 5th and he was still in and going at it.
    Maybe being ugly and nasty is a good strategy online. Seems you shouldn't be able to do that without your chat being moderated and you wind up disqualified and/or banned.

PokerOwned Demi-God tracyrickrobby's Avatar
    i am guilty of calling people donks or making a comment about a bad play! but i dont do it to make them tilt! but it has never helped me LOL just made me feel better LOL

Experienced Member
    It can backfire though. The player may start playing better vs you or leave the table. Careful when you tap on the glass.

Experienced Member
    I always egg them on but that's because I love their reaction. I tend to ignore it or play on it not changing my game. It may cause them to get aggressive but it's just when you lay the trap and capitalize.

PokerOwned God
    Talking smack does work. I don't like to hear it nor giveth but it does work. If at the cash tables, may not work as well as say an mtt. Just get up and leave, but if that person is having a streak from hell then it may be worth a try for you to do.

Not a fan of talking chit, hate to have to when others do so to me. Then it carries on and you accidentally end up talking chit to a player who is nice or friendly. That sucks and not worth the money to me. All the pros do it.

Quote Originally Posted by TomKat1958 View Post
    I have noticed that sometimes accepting a dare or thinking you're going to fix the smartasses ass that's chatting smack, will get a player to donk out.
    Just the other night a player kept texting nasty chat to a female player. She finally got insulted and mad enough that she went all in. The first time everyone folded. The second time she got two calls and lost out of the tourney.
    After she was gone the same player started in on another player. Calling the other player twinky and making other ugly remarks. He caused that player to make several bad calls, and lose completely out too.
    At the end of the tourney I was on the final table. Guess what? There was the rude chatting player, and he was still chatting smack on the final table. I went out 5th and he was still in and going at it.
    Maybe being ugly and nasty is a good strategy online. Seems you shouldn't be able to do that without your chat being moderated and you wind up disqualified and/or banned.
    Die,Snitch,Die!

This is getting old. Were sick and tired of the Spurs owning us. This is the year we ride up to the challenge, Get the monkey off our back! We Believe GO Dubbssss!!

PokerOwned Master
    It works way better in person, but I wil say that if you ar friendly and gregarious even if u r playing tight you seem to be a bigger part of thwe game and ppl will take notice

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Hah... this seems to be a good conversation topic.. where's azz when we need him?

PokerOwned God
    Quote Originally Posted by diffused View Post
    It can backfire though. The player may start playing better vs you or leave the table. Careful when you tap on the glass.
    I agree. Sometimes it can work because they'll play looser and it sometimes cost them, but other times, they tighten up and play better.

tex
    PokerOwned Master
    Yeah,it can be for that game ,but if you play with the same people they'll remember you the next time and start trying to figure your game out ,with the sole intent on knocking you out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast