Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70874.75

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Late entry as a strategy?

I've noticed that some PO players prefer to enter the freerolls near the end of the late reg stage. I'm curious if there is some strategy to consistently entering late? Perhaps the fact that a few players are already out of the tourney? I personally like to start on time if possible because I feel like the more hands I see the more likely I am to build my stack.

I don't care about strategy, I just enter anything that is registering/late registering when I feel like playing!
    I'm gonna give that bitch a freeroll, bitches love freerolls.

Seasoned Veteran
    i use this strategy alot in low buy in rebuy tournaments and it works pretty well for me

PokerOwned Demi-God
    yea the low buy in rebuys!! Espeially when they have a huge addon!!

Experienced Member
    I think the late entry is ok as long as you aren't coming in with 10bb stack. It also helps you from firing 10 bullets at a small tournament. The bad players are going to be playing wild and crazy before late registration ends and the variance during this time is pretty high. I guess it depends on your acceptance of risk vs reward.

PokerOwned Veteran
    I do it if it's early in the morning, like 1 to 4 AM. Couple days back I bought in last minute, field of 50 people or so, 17 left when I joined. Took first. Was only a 150 gtd, but it was a nice win.

Don't like to join late in a game if there are more than 50 or 60 people though still in, and your way over stacked. I dunno.

The only strategy in late reg. is if you are lazy and dont want to play from the start. I late reg. in bcp tourneys that have 3 hours late reg. and I register at the last minutes sometimes and try to get a quick triple up or tow lol.

Awesome, enjoyed reading

Elite PokerOwned Member
    I'm actually just now (like right now) testing this on merge to see if (for me) it is a viable strategy. They have very very long late registrations. So I just registered into two at the very last minute. We were on top of the money when I started. The plan is to play extremely tight, and extremely aggressive. Also I will utilize my time bank. In one I'm already out before the money. (I shipped with 99, A 3 off called and spike an ace on the flop) The other game I shoved with qq (again an ace rag called me but didn't hit) I am currently in the money in this game. It to early for me to tell how I feel about this, but I will try it a few more times for now.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FinishingLast View Post
    I'm actually just now (like right now) testing this on merge to see if (for me) it is a viable strategy. They have very very long late registrations. So I just registered into two at the very last minute. We were on top of the money when I started. The plan is to play extremely tight, and extremely aggressive. Also I will utilize my time bank. In one I'm already out before the money. (I shipped with 99, A 3 off called and spike an ace on the flop) The other game I shoved with qq (again an ace rag called me but didn't hit) I am currently in the money in this game. It to early for me to tell how I feel about this, but I will try it a few more times for now.
    Well right after (like right after) I wrote this I got knocked out. (I shipped with kq off and a9 suited called, I hit two queens but the second one was the flush for a9) I literally only played two hands (including the one that took me out) and made slightly more that double my money back. Again, I won't make any assumptions yet, but I will continue to try out this strategy.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast