Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64776.68

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    PokerOwned Demi-God
    I think it's best to pay attention to the entire tourney, start to finish, but I have done well in a few that I entered late

Yeah, the merge late reg is disgusting and I stay away from those tourneys. I'm really only talking about the PO merge freerolls with 10-minute late reg.

PokerOwned Pro
    I cant believe that no one is saying it so I will

Entering into a tourney late as a strategy is the most absolutely ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Sure if you are late for other reasons, but to do it on purpose just to have a 60/40 shot at bottom level money is insane - unless you do not think you can cash any other way - then i say read a book before doing this

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Yea, I would normally never do it unless it were a rebuy and I was buying in last second and adding on. But with Merge's 3 and a half hour late reg's it's turning out to be free money. I just did it two more times tonight. I doubled my money in the $1 game without playing a hand (I literally blinded out and cashed) and in the $2 I made it to 22, and when I went in I had the best but lost to a straight draw. If my hand had held I would have doubled up to the stack average and been looking good for the ft. This makes the 5th game I've tried this with and I've cashed in four. Again, I am only entering into touneys with very long registrations (2+ hours) and deep fields. Their easy to pick out because you can see that the starting stack is actually in the money when I'm about to enter. It has been a cake walk so far. I have averaged (including the one loss) a little more than 200% ROI. Furthermore I feel confident with just a little luck, I can make a big cash. Truth be told, if you can not waste chips and double up four times your above average stack in most scenarios.

Banned
    Bovada, all I need to say. I see so many late numbers winning... but I guess evetyone has their own opinion

Seasoned Veteran
    i always get bad beated even with good hands when i late register

Experienced Member
    I prefer late registering for most tournaments especially the lower buy ins, because I tend to spew a lot of chips when the blinds are low. although thats just how I am.

PokerOwned Veteran
    I think a lot depends on how you play. for me on time to early late buy ins work best so I have a good base when everyone starts to play losse. but I know I am a brake even player and play tight as a rule so I need the time to get the chips

PokerOwned Pro
    im sure Carbon will catch on soon - i cant believe they have such long late-reg - wouldnt you think they get a lot of complaints - on the flip I bet you will soon see more and more people doing this

PokerOwned Pro
    I am on the fence about it....I generally think getting the first round of hands are cheap chances to gain chips. But at the same time...I've joined early and gone down or out before the late reg even ends....so I'm on the fence. I often join the small buy-ins late and there's only 25-50 people registered, usually about half or so gone right before late reg ends...then just try to skip thru to the cash.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast