Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $65078.03

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Elite PokerOwned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FinishingLast View Post
    Well right after (like right after) I wrote this I got knocked out. (I shipped with kq off and a9 suited called, I hit two queens but the second one was the flush for a9) I literally only played two hands (including the one that took me out) and made slightly more that double my money back. Again, I won't make any assumptions yet, but I will continue to try out this strategy.
    To add to this, I just bought into the $10 5k guaranteed at the last minute I have 1 blind haven't played a hand and am in the money. This seems to be a viable strategy for deep fields close to the money already. It isn't much fun though...

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Update!!! I just went out I called ace king all in with ace ten suited and couldn't convert. I played 3 hands including the one that took me out. Aces that held a lucky K7 off that I had no choice because I had less than one in the bb and the ace ten the very next hand from the small. I was able to gain a few extra levels winning with my aces and made a little more than double my investment.

I myself always try to take all dynamics of each particular tourney into account. I will case the bigger tourney with late reg for a few days to help my make decision on later reg.

I do the same at Carbon - they have such long rebuy/late-reg periods. Twice now I've entered just before the final cut-off and made the final table.
    I'm not slurring my words. I'm talking in cursive. I believe the ladies find it to be quite elegant.

Experienced Member
    Sometimes late registartion is good option but if you enter too late your decrease your chances.

very few late reg for a po game, sometimes its the ones getting the tickets late, some dont want to be a bounty.
    <StephyMarieC> erik!!!!! yay you've always been one of my favorites hehe <scorcher863> i kinda want to smoke some meth, then play poker for like 3 days straight

Joe
    PokerOwned Pro
    I think I may consider this strategy since I end up being the short stack anyways.

PokerOwned Master
    I like to start off on time and really get into the tournament I hate entering in late because it kind of knocks me out of my zone. Everyone has their preference though and I could see in the low limit rebuys doing it.

PokerOwned Pro
    no I don't think its a stragity but its because the tickets r only issued at certain times

I wouldn't spend a lot of cash trying it but sometimes I'll enter late and try and double up in the first round. It's usually hit and miss, which is why I prefer to start at the beginning with the bigger tournaments. The 2 and 3 hour late registrations on Merge are getting out of hand. Merge seems desperate to cover their guarantees.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast