Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64108.14

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Keeping notes?

Experienced Member
    To re-open a very important topic that needs addressing to the context of the site; IMO.

Yes a HUD owns. Most here are not going to have one.

Notes can be absolutely fantastic but they can also be a self trapping mechanism. We when see someone and they suck-out on on us once or even a few times but we have no better understanding of their actual approach much less any sample size we are often deceiving ourselves.

I wonder how many of us are labelled in the most unsavory of ways across the internet poker room. I know I am.

That being said; notes are wonderful when used appropriately. Personally I tend to stay away from the icons until my notes and observations have concluded someone has a consistent style all the time in all games. Otherwise notes I keep brief but with pertinent data - game buyin/AFS (Avg field Size)/style ie cash or MTT stack depths and anything that may of dictated the players moves and made them act out of the ordinary in that circumstance. Also I find that this really helps me play better and understand lines as well circumstantial proclivities which are in my esteem essential to playing winning poker.

Seasoned Veteran
    I did take notes about 1 month. But may be because im playing mostly on mtt's, it never happened to meet some of the players again in a table, so i stopped it.

I think notes are very important. even more in here since we play the same people over and over. Sometime my notes are wrong. I've given donkey tags and a few of those (donkeys) have won one even went b2b, so i had to adjust.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345