Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70017.54

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Joe
    PokerOwned Pro

My Poker Journal

My name is Joe and this is where I will post my poker results.
    I started a post like this called "aces cracked" a few days ago so this is going to kind of be a continuation of that.

Earlier tonight I played the 10pm (eastern time zone) poker owned "freeroll" on carbon. (Why is it called a freeroll? Its not actually free. We have to make some effort in order earn points to then purchase entry into the tournament. Also, the times that I mention will for the eastern time zone of the u.s.) I did not make it very deep into the tournament but at the time that I busted out I think I had about twenty big blinds and I was in early position and I received a pair of aces. I raised all in and someone in later position called. My opponent had a smaller stack than I did but not by much, I had him covered by 160 chips. My opponent called with a pair of nines which in my opinion is a huge risk. The first card on the flop was a nine. He not only made a set on the flop but he made a full house with a queen coming as a part of the flop and on the river or 5th street depending on which generation you happen to be from. I wasn't done after that cause I had my opponent covered so I had 160 chips left but I didn't last that much longer. I finished in 37th position out of 76.
    I didn't have a very good tournament overall so I am not really surprised that it ended like this... I had my pair of aces cracked by a pair of nines so I feel that my tournament ended in a respectable way because I didn't lose because I made a series of dumb choices.
    Anyways, what do you think?
    Would you of played this hand differently?

Joe
    PokerOwned Pro
    Last night I played the same freeroll and I was eliminated holding a pair of kings and I had a healthy stack of about 20 big blinds at the time. Preflop action: I don't remember whether there were anyone limping in front of me or if it was just folded to me, but I was in middle position and I raised to four or five big blinds and it folded around to one of the blinds who raised all in. My opponent had me covered by about five or ten big blinds and something about his previous plays lead me to believe that he wasn't holding a pair of aces but he had a pair of kings or ace king at best or that he was just trying to use his or her big stack to bully the table to win more chips. I considered folding because I would still have a healthy stack of chips and he could of hit the flop with whatever he had. I called all in and it turned out I was right. He had ace queen offsuit and on the flop he paired his ace so I lost again.
    I am not happy with this result because I could of folded and walked away with a healthy stack and I still would of been in the tournament, I still would of had a chance. Instead I got greedy.

Elite PokerOwned Member jcolee2's Avatar
    i put some money online i made some money then i lost itall and did it again. the end

i once had a friend name Joe. God he was ugly as a mule.

This is getting old. Were sick and tired of the Spurs owning us. This is the year we ride up to the challenge, Get the monkey off our back! We Believe GO Dubbssss!!

Seasoned Veteran
    These freerolls are way better than regular freerolls. At least the number of players and donks are restricted as some effort for getting the points is there...

PokerOwned Master
    That really happens, believe or not. Regardless you finished busted, I will play pair of aces or kinds all-in pre-flop no matter what my opponents hold. For aces I will be leading in best case 9:1 which will lead mostly to double-up. Never fear elimination, it is just still only a freeroll. Playing all-in aces/kings (pocket pairs) is nearly always the good choice. Wish a good luck. If you worry just call and see flop firstly. Make an all-in decision on river if you won't be sucked out.

i do too

Elite PokerOwned Member JohnnyDeepStacks's Avatar
    What da faqqq happened between Feb. 2013 and now, dis journal is shot to chit.

JDS boobytrap spelled backwards is partyboob
    PooffyFooffy omg I need to play there more, were u in da game?
    JDS @PooffyFooffy no Pooffy its just a fun fact

Experienced Member
    id like to start winning money

PokerOwned Veteran
    You cannot be results oriented. Those are pretty sick beats but you just have to keep putting the money in good. You were a big favorite in both hands. Plus folding those hands preflop would be an even bigger leak. You just have to shake it off and register for the next one. It's one big session and good things will start to happen.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast