Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64149.98

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PokerOwned God

my thoughts on why this was an insta call.

You Were Dealt (As,8c)
    RcktWrangler posted Small Blind 100
    brayx13 posted Big Blind 200
    LvegasL4 folds
    Daytradin folds
    GimmeABrewski folds
    RcktWrangler calls 200
    brayx13 checks
    Dealing Flop (6h,5c,7d)
    RcktWrangler checks
    brayx13 bets 400
    RcktWrangler calls 400
    Dealing Turn (Js)
    RcktWrangler checks
    brayx13 checks
    Dealing River (7h)
    RcktWrangler checks
    brayx13 bets 1200
    RcktWrangler calls 1200

First off ... on the flop . he had position , so he bet 400 with an open ended straight draw. Probably hoping to take the pot down there , or if he gets a call he has a draw to work with. I call with my open ended. the turn comes a J ... i check again and he slows down and checks behind ( something what u would probably do with that very hand.) the river ... another 7 ( a safe card for my A high if my read was correct and he WAS drawing.) I once again check , since i feel i have the best hand. He fires 1200, a pot bet. I insta call knowing if he had the 7... he would most likely value bet. if he had the 5 or 6 why would he bet 1200? even if he had a J i think he has to check it thinking i could be trapping with trip 7s, if he did bet it, the bet would not be 1200. well thats my breakdown on the hand. let me know what you think

Nice call and all but. Big blind in a limped hand could have anything. Chip stacks are needed to make a proper analysis of the hand. I might of waited for a better spot depending on what % of my stack was at risk. Only beating a bluff and not beating all the bluffs.

PokerOwned God
    at the time it was about 30%, but i had a great read on the hand and would call all in with it ... his bet was half his stack and my call was 30% like i said. and i dont think ur statement " Only beating a bluff and not beating all bluffs is." is wrong. i don't think he bluffs with anything but a 5 or 6... and why would he ? i played it like a draw... so he wins . and if he thought i was trapping .... why bet into trip 7s?

But why would he just presume you are trapping? Theres always the chance he miracle flopped the straight and once you gave him action he checked the turn to get value on the river. Which would have worked. I said already it was a nice call. Better to follow your read and be wrong then not follow it and be wrong. Its near impossible sb vs bb to put someone on a hand tho when its limp/check preflop. A cardinal rule of poker is to not go broke in a unraised pot for that reason. But what i really meant in my first post was that on a board like that in an unraised pot, follow your read and call if you think your good. But i dont think that in that spot even with your read its a snap call.

I meant by the bluff thing that he could have A9 or even 2's-4's. As well as any combo of rags to give him 1 pair.

PokerOwned God
    Well the problem with limped pots is, that the BB can really hold everything, but a OESD seems raesonable.

PokerOwned God
    i gave many reasons to why i was not beat... he could have any random hand but i knew he didnt hit that board. if he did he wouldnt bet so much he would get value

#NiggasInParis

that was a gutsy call. but hey if the gutsy calls pay off, then whats wrong with them. me i probably would have raised with my open ended draw when he bet the 400 on the flop. to a decent sized raise i dont think he could have called.
    A bad attitude is just like a car with a flat tire, "You aren't going anywhere unless you change it."

PokerOwned Demi-God
    That 1200 raise would have cause me to fold. How could you make that call on the river when you didn't make your straight.

Quote Originally Posted by RcktWrangler View Post
    i gave many reasons to why i was not beat... he could have any random hand but i knew he didnt hit that board. if he did he wouldnt bet so much he would get value
    But if his bet sizing made you think your A high was good then was it not a perfect value bet for trip 7's, a straight or a full house?

PokerOwned God
    definitely a gutsy call,, they are the calls that pay off though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast